Honored Contributor

Re: Paula Deen....what happened

[ Edited ]

@RedHeadedWench wrote:

@NativeJax wrote:
channel surfing and she is on Evine right now. She use to have a first rate cooking show, no she acts crude, like she might be drunk??? Ewwwww

She has always acted crude, that is nothing new. She flirts with any man, and I am sure there is someone always sitting on the bleep button when she comes on the tv.

I remember one show she had on Food Network many years ago called "Paula's Party" and it took place at her brother's restaurant...we actually ate there once, food was great...anyway....she acted like an old tart. Even her sons were embarrassed.

@RedHeadedWench

Old tart . . . snort! . . . thanks for the laugh out loud! . . . Smiley Happy

edited because my original post made it look like I was calling RedHeadedWench an old tart . . . Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

In a show long ago, Door Knock Dinner, Paula was so sweet. Also sweet on her first solo series on FB. Then she became popular, and her personality changed so much.  I've always wondered if FN execs wanted her to be a bit more crazy. Something changed that resulted in her bawdy persona. She wasn't like that long ago.

Honored Contributor

In general, I'm thinking that the trend is to be 'over the top', personality-wise. No matter who, what, where, when, how, etc.  It's very popular now-a-days.  Laid-back, calm folks (such as myself) are looking a bit 'odd', it seems to me.  Being 'out there' is becoming the norm. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

What does her husband say about all of her antics (smooching with men)?  He seems mild mannered compared to her.

He knows what he married.    They married late in life.

Years ago there was a show on TV "Designing Women"   I'd like to think as a southern woman I'm more like Julia Sugarbaker than Paula Deen.     I'm colorful, ,but refined.

Honored Contributor

I don't know that this is a recent change for her.  I read about comments like this when she was on QVC.  

She seems to have no filters 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm watching her on Evine now cooing various dishes on her induction burners (which are gorgeous), she hasn't licked her fingers yet that I've seen.

I don't generalize when it comes to people so I don't see her personality harming Southern women, Paula is Paula!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

That is quite an accusation to make. 

Which? Mine?

I never said such behavior was ALL southern women and went out of my way to say it would be a small percentage - AND that there are trashy women in all areas of the country. So for anyone to claim that I was talking about "southern women" as a whole is - projecting for the sake of hyperbole to say the least. Which I find, to quote another poster - "disgusting."

It's Paula herself who is putting on the persona of "good ol' gal" - no one is choosing to do it "to" her , she wants to give that impression.

No, no, no.  The accusation that she was drunk.

Sorry, @Lipstickdiva. My apologies 😧

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@RedHeadedWench wrote:

@NativeJax wrote:
channel surfing and she is on Evine right now. She use to have a first rate cooking show, no she acts crude, like she might be drunk??? Ewwwww

She has always acted crude, that is nothing new. She flirts with any man, and I am sure there is someone always sitting on the bleep button when she comes on the tv.

I remember one show she had on Food Network many years ago called "Paula's Party" and it took place at her brother's restaurant...we actually ate there once, food was great...anyway....she acted like an old tart. Even her sons were embarrassed.

@RedHeadedWench

Old tart . . . snort! . . . thanks for the laugh out loud! . . . Smiley Happy

edited because my original post made it look like I was calling RedHeadedWench an old tart . . . Smiley Happy

@momtochloeWell, I have been called a lot worse.Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I don't watch Evine but I remember how she was on Dancing With The Stars. I think at one point she lifted up her skirt all the way. That's just her schtick, I guess. It's kind of sad.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

Several of her recipes are my go to's. The Southern ladies I've been exposed to are nothing like her.