Honored Contributor

Re: Paula Deen....what happened

She strikes me as a bigot.  i will not watch her nor buy any of her products. Cat Tongue

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

That woman is disgusting through and through.  I cannot watch her and was glad when she was off the radar for awhile.  I did not know that she was on another shopping channel.  I never watch Evine, so that is good for me!!

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624

I never noticed the finger licking done by Wolfgang Puck until someone on the Q mentioned it.  Then last week he was on HSN.  I couldn't believe how many times he licked his fingers and then proceeded to touch the food.  Smiley Mad

Very unprofessional IMO.  And just plain gross Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Blk&GoldFan wrote:

@Hoovermom  

Totally agree.  Let's say her behaviour as a PERSON is outgrageous at times.  This has nothing to do with whether she is Southern/Northern, Polish/Irish, Pink/Purple.  Categorizing her as a misbehaved Southern woman is ludicrous.

Bravo. She represents NO ONE other than herself. It's that mindset (she makes ALL Southern women look bad) that makes Americans look like a**holes to the world, the French are rude to everyone except their fell Frenchmen, the British have horrible teeth and are cold emotionally, etc.....people see ONE person acting a certain way and now EVERYONE from that area/part of the world is just like that.

Come. On. Geez. If you think that way, it's on YOU and no one else.

Btw...as long as she's not touching the food/item I'm purchasing, she can do whatever she wants. Her products deliver and that's all that matters to me (about hers and other vendors).

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

That is quite an accusation to make. 

Which? Mine?

I never said such behavior was ALL southern women and went out of my way to say it would be a small percentage - AND that there are trashy women in all areas of the country. So for anyone to claim that I was talking about "southern women" as a whole is - projecting for the sake of hyperbole to say the least. Which I find, to quote another poster - "disgusting."

It's Paula herself who is putting on the persona of "good ol' gal" - no one is choosing to do it "to" her , she wants to give that impression.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

@NativeJax wrote:
channel surfing and she is on Evine right now. She use to have a first rate cooking show, no she acts crude, like she might be drunk??? Ewwwww

I think that may have been the show I was watching. She made a kind of crude comment about her son who was also cooking on the show with her and he did not

seem to find it very funny at all.  She went on to something else when she got the response she got from him.  I changed the channel.

Trusted Contributor

I saw her on Evine one time last summer with her line of clothing.  She was digging at the inseam of the pants and describing how she liked the fit, then went on to describe a kind of smell you can get in pants..that was it for me.  I cant believe anyone would put this women on any TV program, so really seems unbalanced.

Honored Contributor

@Qshopper1991 wrote:

@Kachina624

I never noticed the finger licking done by Wolfgang Puck until someone on the Q mentioned it.  Then last week he was on HSN.  I couldn't believe how many times he licked his fingers and then proceeded to touch the food.  Smiley Mad

Very unprofessional IMO.  And just plain gross Smiley Sad

Wolfgang is pretty horrible. And he makes lude and crude remarks too.

On a regular visit, he's a little better. But when he has a TS, by the end of the day, the wheels come completely off the bus and he gets worse.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

That is quite an accusation to make. 

Which? Mine?

I never said such behavior was ALL southern women and went out of my way to say it would be a small percentage - AND that there are trashy women in all areas of the country. So for anyone to claim that I was talking about "southern women" as a whole is - projecting for the sake of hyperbole to say the least. Which I find, to quote another poster - "disgusting."

It's Paula herself who is putting on the persona of "good ol' gal" - no one is choosing to do it "to" her , she wants to give that impression.

No, no, no.  The accusation that she was drunk.

Honored Contributor

IMO she tries to hard to force that "southern accent" but I will say I've enjoyed many of her recipes (from her early days @ Network), her sons are such gentlemen esp to her & ive gotten a few of her products - they are well made!

I do wish she'd return to the "younger humble" Paula -- but maybe that's what it takes to become successful again -- I'll watch her on Evine only to get info on product.  Her induction burner is awesome!!!! Bought 3 for cousins who do lots of family parties and entertains - love them!!!!