Super Contributor

Re: Paula Deen....what happened

Awhile back I saw her on Evine and she was disgusting! She had a cold and kept blowing and wiping her nose and then licking her fingers. Plus she was very obnoxious and silly. She kept on and on and then I changed the channel. She was so gross. I can't believe she hasn't been told to clean up her act by now. Even if the producers won't tell her to stop being so gross, then her family should.
Honored Contributor

@NativeJax wrote:
Well, she is making people think that's how southern women may act, it's disgusting....oh well I changed the channel. It's like she is acting like a 25 year old flirty woman....it's very unattractive, she needs to stick to cooking

I'm sure it is how some southern women behave; she can't be that unique. I'm not slamming southern women, I'm equally sure northern women or Midwestern women or whoever all have less than stellar examples of womanhood in their ranks. 

It certainly appears to me that she tries to be gross at this point. She's aiming to be as outrageous as possible because her tried-and-true fans who still want to buy from her like her to be that way - probably because she's just like them.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Apparently some have missed the memo, people who enjoy using her cookware.........wait for it.............don't care about the critics.  Her line is doing very well by the way.

Trusted Contributor

It might be selling but she looks ridiculous
Honored Contributor

She's always acted crude. Watching her is embarrassing.

Honored Contributor

@NativeJax wrote:
It might be selling but she looks ridiculous

And I suspect that after all that's happened, she would happily debase and parody herself any way she thinks she needs to as long as it supports her in the style to which she's become accustomed.

Honored Contributor

@NativeJax wrote:
Well, she is making people think that's how southern women may act, it's disgusting....oh well I changed the channel. It's like she is acting like a 25 year old flirty woman....it's very unattractive, she needs to stick to cooking

She was on a show years ago with male guests she'd rub up against and use a lot of double innuendos.  I couldn't stand to watch.

She also used to lick her fingers a lot and then handle food.  Just gross.

Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@NativeJax wrote:

I'm sure it is how some southern women behave; she can't be that unique. I'm not slamming southern women, I'm equally sure northern women or Midwestern women or whoever all have less than stellar examples of womanhood in their ranks. 

It certainly appears to me that she tries to be gross at this point. She's aiming to be as outrageous as possible because her tried-and-true fans who still want to buy from her like her to be that way - probably because she's just like them.

I think she tries to act what people think the stereotypical southern is, not a real southern. Yep im southern; she gives southerns a bad name. 

Trusted Contributor

That's not the way people act as a "southern" woman, unless she was raised in a barn, was she? Ballark, trailer park trash....sure there's always a few bad apples 🍎
Honored Contributor

@makeup addict wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@NativeJax wrote:

I think she tries to act what people think the stereotypical southern is, not a real southern. Yep im southern; she gives southerns a bad name. 

It's probably fair to say she represents a certain class or type of southern women who exists, but makes most southern women cringe.