Esteemed Contributor

Re: Paul Newman on Forever Stamp!

@Justice4all wrote:

And the'forever' is crossed out because he's dead?  We're losing them like the petals of a daisy

@Justice4all...I noticed that also and am wondering why "forever" was crossed out on the stamp?...I can't think of any reason why it would deliberately be crossed out?

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt: HeartJimi HendrixHeart  and  HeartPaul NewmanHeart?  Chickenbutt, I like you a little more every day.  Woman LOL

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Trusted Contributor

Beautiful

Valued Contributor

Hubba Hubba!  Now we can all lick the back of Paul Newman's head!!  Me first!

Trusted Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@Himi lover wrote:

One of the most handsome actors of his day.  My mother loved him.  I used to work in the racebcar circuit with a friend of mine back in the 70's.  He was in the cafeteria line right beside me getting coffee, or something to eat.  I couldn't look at him as I was so nervous.  Thought I'd make a complete jerk out of myself if I looked and said anything to him.  It was a race in the Poconos here in PA.

Didn't you at least brush up lightly against him?...LOL...Thump!!!

Seriously, he left quite a legacy!...What a Man!

I was SO nervous I couldn't look at him.  Thought I'd faint dead away 😃.  Just to let you gals know, I worked in the timing and scoring area.  I was too young at the time to actually be on the racetrack.  I just didn't want you all to think I was "workin the circuit" if you know what I mean. 😉

Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@Justice4all wrote:

And the'forever' is crossed out because he's dead?  We're losing them like the petals of a daisy

@Justice4all...I noticed that also and am wondering why "forever" was crossed out on the stamp?...I can't think of any reason why it would deliberately be crossed out?

If  the photo was taken from the USPS Stamps album/catalog, the picture could be glued to an envelope if the forever didn't have a line through it. The photos in that catalog might be the right dimensions for an envelope.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

Hubba hubba (insert wolf whistle)purring-kitty-smiley-emoticon.gif

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

MMMMMMMM GORGEOUS--- inside and out.💜💜

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

“Just to make things more confusing, some first-class stamps now have the word Forever written on them and then crossed out. These are regular stamps, not forever stamps. They have the year they were released printed on them and when postage rates increase, you will have to refer back to the postage rate for that year, calculate the difference yourself, and start licking those one cent stamps.” (Source: http://www.postageonlinenow.com/guides/forever-stamps)

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I think the stamp will go on sale around September 18th.     How coincidental is it that I'm running out of stamps.

What a wonderful human being he was.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~