Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Paisley Park, Home of Prince Opens For Tours

That was fast!  Is that something HE would have wanted, or is it just somebody's idea of a money-maker?

Trusted Contributor

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt

From what I have read, this was something he wanted. Yes, this will also be a moneymaker. 

I found it interesting that the company who will oversee this property, also oversees Graceland.

Honored Contributor

I am so there, probably with a box of tissues.
Honored Contributor

butterfly123 wrote:

@chickenbutt

From what I have read, this was something he wanted. Yes, this will also be a moneymaker. 

I found it interesting that the company who will oversee this property, also oversees Graceland.

Thanks for that info!  For some reason, in my mind, I fancy him somebody who was really VERY private.  So, when I read the thread title I felt kind of like it could be a bit of a violation.   Glad I was wrong!   Smiley Happy

Also interesting, the Graceland tie-in.   I've been there once and that was really interesting.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono

Would you please instruct @Bird mama to take the VIP tour and have her share the pictures with us. 

We can chip in for her flight and hotel expenses! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Word is, and if word is to be believed, Prince talked about preserving Paisley Park and 'museum' crossed his mind.  I heard he was reaching out to collect some memorabilia (did I spell that right) that was owned by other people.  More word on the street (lol) is that he had a specific vision for PP.  Aside from gigantor looming tax bills due in the year, there is an upcoming, um, tribute? concert planned for October 13th.  

I suppose having PP up and running in time to make it a visitor destination at the same time as the tribute is the motivator.

Paisley Park did allow tours for a spell, so opening it up to the public is not odd.  From what I read on the Org (prince.org) the areas of PP that will be available for tours is pretty much what folks saw when Prince held some great celebration 'open houses/concerts' back in 2000 and 2001.

I don't know the family personally, however I suspect that tours will evolve into Prince's vision as time goes by.  PP is a viable recording and production facility and the family is going to need to really get it going for PP to sustain itself.

Prince made his money to keep it all afloat by live performances and touring.  If they don't open the vault (release music) and release some music/video performances, I fear that PP will not be sustainable by visitors/tours.

Sorry, just babbling.  I'll shut up now :-) 

As an aside - I don't think I could go right away.  If that elevator is in view and I understand one can see it, I wouldn't be able to stop crying. Really, no one should have to see me crying.  When I get going I sound like a moose caught in barbed wire.  Not good.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama

I understand about the financial pressures of upkeep, property taxes and all that will be involved. 

The question remains, as to how the judge will rule on the inheritance, properties, vaulted songs and everything else. 

The appointed conservator seems to have known what was in the best interest of their former client?