Esteemed Contributor

When they used to use those, I would save up a big bag and take them to our local UPS store.  But the most fun of all was letting my kitty jump in  a box full of them. He loved diving in and then two little ears would poke up amidst a sea of white foam peanuts. So cute. That was before I got my cell phone, or I would surely have had a picture of it. Adorable.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

@pattypeep~

What a great way to use something that we hate! So cute!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

I've taken mine to the UPS store.  I've also taken them to a packaging store that was in our area.

Respected Contributor

At Christmas time I ordered 4 breakable things from the QVC Irish vendor.  Each of the 4 boxes came with the peanuts.  I accidentally spilled one; what a mess getting that cleaned up!  But everything arrived in good condition.

Esteemed Contributor
I use them when potting large plants and storing delicate items that I don't use often.
Honored Contributor

My local UPS store stopped accepting these for recycling long ago. They put up a sign at their back entrance where we used to drop them off, telling us not to leave them there.  

it seemed to me that most shippers stopped using them, but I did get them in some of the holiday deliveries I received this year...not from the big businesses like Amazon, but from smaller businesses 

Honored Contributor

Honestly, I have received a package that came with them in a very long time.  I don't even remember when.  Everything comes wrapped in bubble wrap now.

Super Contributor

Every now and then I receive a package full of styrofoam peanuts.  After I remove the item, I tape up the box with peanuts inside and throw the whole thing out in the outside garbage can.  It is a pain gathering them up.  

Honored Contributor

@Moretofollow wrote:

Every now and then I receive a package full of styrofoam peanuts.  After I remove the item, I tape up the box with peanuts inside and throw the whole thing out in the outside garbage can.  It is a pain gathering them up.  

That's what I finally did with them even though I would have preferred to recycle the box, it was a matter of sanity!

Honored Contributor

the pack peanuts worked wonders. I haven;t had them for awhile. 

They stick to everything, almost like a magnet.

awful to clean up.