Honored Contributor

Re: PRIVATE ACCESS....watch out about the policy for returns

I didn't get any further than them making me enter my email before I could even look at things.  Is it QVC running this?  (Sounds like another Zulily.)

As for the "no return" policy, it's one thing, if I'm in a B&M store and I can see the final clearance item I'm buying or try it on.  If it's an online purchase, so many things could make it a bad "bargain".

I have to laugh because I think the "Private Access" is just to make the customer feel special...wow, you're being let in to an exclusive club!

I'll pass and have to live with never knowing what bargains I may have missed.  Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

The sad thing is the items aren't even marked at a "deep discount" price.  They are 50% off like the recent jewelry sale.  Most LTS are 50% or more off.  LQ items more than that and you can return those.  Silly me thought QVC was taking HSN's lead and really offering a few items at a truly reduced price.

For example,  HSN just reduced the price of this Margaritaville skirt from $54.90 to $9.95. With free S&H.  I own the matching halter top, no longer available, so picked up the matching skirt.  Now  THAT is a deep discount.  Don't understand why QVC thinks Private Access is going to be successful.  Not many people will buy if they can't return it, if needed.

474-087  Margaritaville Hibiscus Print Maxi Skirt

Margaritaville Hibiscus Print Maxi Skirt

Honored Contributor

I didn't get past the email request. They have my email, so what's the deal ?? Just more nonsense.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I will not be buying anything from the "Private Access" site!! 

Honored Contributor

I don't like sites that require you give them an e-mail address before you can have a look-see at what they are offering.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also saw that no return final sale policy and QVC is pretty sneaky with that blue pop-up that blocks most of the page and darkens the page underneath so you can't easily see what's on sale. The blue pop-up requesting that you have to sign up for their emails in order to have access to the items also blocks the fine print return policy. I had to take a few screen grabs in order to read the return policy since I'm using an ipad.

I will also bet that this new return policy on these Private Access items is intended to improve QVC's quarterly financial numbers.

Honored Contributor

Nothing remotely good to buy there anyway.

Respected Contributor

I tried to access it last night and it took me to a photo of Rick and an error message. Guess I didn't miss anything.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

@vickie25 wrote:

The sad thing is the items aren't even marked at a "deep discount" price.  They are 50% off like the recent jewelry sale.  Most LTS are 50% or more off.  LQ items more than that and you can return those.  Silly me thought QVC was taking HSN's lead and really offering a few items at a truly reduced price.

For example,  HSN just reduced the price of this Margaritaville skirt from $54.90 to $9.95. With free S&H.  I own the matching halter top, no longer available, so picked up the matching skirt.  Now  THAT is a deep discount.  Don't understand why QVC thinks Private Access is going to be successful.  Not many people will buy if they can't return it, if needed.

474-087  Margaritaville Hibiscus Print Maxi Skirt

Margaritaville Hibiscus Print Maxi Skirt

@vickie25

How cute! That'll make a really cute outfit!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Wow.  I didn't notice that.

How many times do the hosts talk about how "other" retailers don't allow returns when they are having a clearance, it's all sales final, but QVC allows returns even on clearance merchandise?  I hear that all the time especially from Jayne and Pat.  Not anymore.

I won't be partaking.  No way am I going to buy something I cannot return.