Super Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

I am asking for prayer as my daughter in law is being prepped for emergency surgery.  She went in for her second round of chemotherapy for aggressive breast cancer.  The nurse noticed that at the site of her chest port, it was swollen.  They performed an MRI and it seems that the port has broken off in her chest near her heart.  I am asking for prayer for a good outcome and wisdom and guidance for the doctors that are performing this procedure.  Also asking for prayer for her husband as he is out of state on business.  She has her mother and sister with her.  I will let you know the outcome as I hear news.

Thank you so much forum friends!

@tends2dogs

My thoughts and prayers are with her and the family and the doctors.

Try not to worry yourself sick now, stay positive and be strong.

Take care of yourself so you can take care of others ~ sunshine&rainbows

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs, I am sending postitive energy to your daughter in law, to you, to the rest of your family and other loved ones. 

You all are in my prayers and in my heart. *s* 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Praying for a good outcome for your daughter in law and for everyone involved in her care.

Esteemed Contributor

Best wishes to DDIL and everyone in the family!  Prayers offered.

Honored Contributor

Blessings and prayers to you, DDIL, and the rest of the family.  Your friends are here and wishing the best outcome for your DDIL.  Hold your faith tight.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

More prayers being said for your DDIL.

doxie

Esteemed Contributor

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family at this time.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: NEED PRAYER FOR DDIL**UPDATE

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs wrote:

*****UPDATE*****

We just received word that our DDIL's procedure was a success and she is on her way home!  She wasn't put under for the procedure, but the repair has been made.  I don't have a lot of details, but we know the Lord's hand was in this and we are so thankful.  Also, please remember her in prayer if you are so inclined.  She has to return to the hospital tomorrow for the scheduled chemo.  She was told that if she wanted to decline it, she would have to begin the cycle all over.  She said "NO WAY!"  She has close to 4 months of this protocol ahead of her and has been told it is going to be rough.  But, Praise God, she has a good prognosis.  She cut her hair off last week.  She is a busy mom, 1st grade teacher (presently on leave), and she always has a smile on her face. 

Thank you all so much for your prayers and support.  This is the good part of the forum.   Knowing that people we will never meet, are there for us. 

I feel blessed.

Bumping the UPDATE up to the top. Praise God, from whom all blessings flow . . .

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

I am happy to hear the procedure was a success and the prognosis is good. I wish the best possible recovery for her.

Trusted Contributor

I am glad the procedure was a success. I will send her positive thoughts and prayers for her during her difficult chemotherapy and for a successful outcome.