Esteemed Contributor

PRAYERS FOR DDIL*UPDATE 6/4/16

[ Edited ]

LATEST UPDATE:   6/4/16

DDIL received the pathology report back and everything came back clear.  They appear to have gotten it all.  She will do a Herceptin drip every 3 weeks until December.  She has to see the radiologist to discuss possible radiation treatments.  They are hoping she doesn't need these.  She still has reconstructive surgery ahead of her.

We are thankful for this good report.  Thank you to all of you who prayed for her and sent well wishes.  Prayer is heard and often answered the way we would like it to be.  That was the case this time. 

Thank you again~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

LATEST UPDATE:  5/29/16

DDIL came home from  the hospital yesterday.  They had a hard time getting her pain under control.  They began physical therapy on her arm before she left. 

Thank you so much for your prayers and well wishes. She has a long road ahead of her.  She has a strong spirit, faith in the Lord, a good husband, and two sons to help her through this.  AND of course prayers from many, many people. 

Thank you again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LATEST UPDATE: 4 MONTHS LATER 5/26/16

I am asking for prayer for my DDIL.  She finished her chemo protocol and today she underwent a double mastectomy, removal of 5 lymphnodes, and the initial stage of reconstruction.  She was on the table for 8 hours.  DS called and said she is in her room, but is in terrible pain. 

Asking for prayer that her pain can be brought under control.  Asking that her pathology comes back clear.  Asking that she has a rapid recovery. 

Thank you in advance.  I will post as I know more.

3 MONTHS AGO: 

I am asking for prayer as my daughter in law is being prepped for emergency surgery.  She went in for her second round of chemotherapy for aggressive breast cancer.  The nurse noticed that at the site of her chest port, it was swollen.  They performed an MRI and it seems that the port has broken off in her chest near her heart.  I am asking for prayer for a good outcome and wisdom and guidance for the doctors that are performing this procedure.  Also asking for prayer for her husband as he is out of state on business.  She has her mother and sister with her.  I will let you know the outcome as I hear news.

Thank you so much forum friends!

*****UPDATE*****

We just received word that our DDIL's procedure was a success and she is on her way home!  She wasn't put under for the procedure, but the repair has been made.  I don't have a lot of details, but we know the Lord's hand was in this and we are so thankful.  Also, please remember her in prayer if you are so inclined.  She has to return to the hospital tomorrow for the scheduled chemo.  She was told that if she wanted to decline it, she would have to begin the cycle all over.  She said "NO WAY!"  She has close to 4 months of this protocol ahead of her and has been told it is going to be rough.  But, Praise God, she has a good prognosis.  She cut her hair off last week.  She is a busy mom, 1st grade teacher (presently on leave), and she always has a smile on her face. 

Thank you all so much for your prayers and support.  This is the good part of the forum.   Knowing that people we will never meet, are there for us. 

I feel blessed.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

You got it,  I will pray that St. Raphael (medicine of God) guide the surgeon's hands and ensure your DDIL has a favorable outcome.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs@Bird mama

Your DDIL, her husband, family and you have my prayers. I am so sorry for this. I will check back later to see how things are coming along💙💜❤️💚💛🙏🙏

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

I hope your DDIL is going to be ok. I know it must be hard on the family to watch her through her difficult. I do not understand why her husband could not cancel his business trip and be with his wife at her time of need. I am glad you and her sister are there to be with her. Prayers are with you.

Frequent Contributor

hello tends2dogs.  As a girl with mother and sister with breast cancer, I understand what your family is going through.  I pray for the surgeon, nurses and all who are taking care of your DIL right now.  And I pray for your DIL and your family.

Blessings-

Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs, prayers up for your DDIL! Prayers of thanks up for the observant nurse whose actions are making this intervention possible. Blessings upon all of your dear loved ones. Heart

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Valued Contributor

Sending prayers for you all.

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours brighter.
Honored Contributor

I have a port and worry about that kind of thing.  Prayers sent.

Honored Contributor

I just said a prayer and will continue to pray for your DIL and all involved.

Esteemed Contributor

@GCR18, my DH had a port for four years. I think it is unusual for it to become displaced. Expect the best! MD Anderson made me get certified so I could do cleanings, etc., they never mentioned the migration potential. Bless you, too! Heart

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop