Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I purchased a package of three scents on QVC and really liked only the Original - a nice citrus scent.   I sold the other 2 on Ebay which covered my entire QVC cost, so that was nice.

I have also tried three GENERIC  brands ......  

Fresh Drop at the dollar store .... effective but has a weird scent, sort of like disinfectant.

Pure Drop at Walmart ... effective and mild scent.

V I Poo at the grocery store ... smells like a foul smelling bug spray.   I don't know if it was effective or not because the scent was so bad, I didn't notice!  LOL

At this point, I'm back to Poo Pourri in Original.

I am going back to the oringinal Poo Pourri too.

I tried Air wick VI poo fruity pin up and it made the bathroom smell like cough medicine and lollipops LOL!Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

Two years ago I purchased a holiday gift pack of this product; mainly out of curiosity, and because of the price.   I liked the product; it worked well and my family used it.  

However, as much as I liked this effective product, I realized I liked the Don Aslett X-O neutralizer product more.   A 32 oz bottle of concentrate makes 32 spray bottles, which cannot be beat dollar wise, and the product does the exact same job, neutralizing odors.   Therefore, I have not reordered Poo-Pourri, but continue to keep several bottles of X-O neutralizer on hand, and always keep the bathroom spray bottles filled and ready.   The practical side of me just won't cave to the cuteness of packaging, different scents, etc.

There is a difference in how they work. An odor neutralizer sprayed into the air neutralizes odors already in the air throughout the room - and maybe out of the room once you open the door. It's the same principle as any other odor neutralizer room spray you can buy in the drugstore or supermarket.

Poo-pourri and the bottles of drops are used to coat the water in the bowl (they contain an oily substance) so that no odor escapes from the bowl in the first place, so there never gets to be any odor in the room.

So, it's not the same product with different packaging.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde

If you spray the X-O neutralizer into the toilet bowl, it works just like Poo-Pourri.   I bought the Don Aslett product for other purposes, but found a new use for it as well.   

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't give it as a gift, but who hasn't needed something like this at times, whether you live alone or with others?

Anyone who believes Theirs doesn't stink is wrong. Especially good in purse size for public/restaurant restrooms.

I have used the little bottle of drops, and it does smell a bit like bathroom cleaner. Not awful, but not really pleasant.

OTOH I've read several comments that when you use as much as is recommended (up to 5 spritzes) the smell of the product is really strong. I'm planning to start with 2.

Honored Contributor

Interesting, @RedTop - thanks for the explanation.

Respected Contributor

Some of the bottles leak from the cap.  I think these should have come with an eye dropper instead. It's always something with qvc.   On the subject of the XO product, I purchased that once and while I didn't like its odor it might be just as affective spraying it into the toilet bowl as poo pouri - don't remember if it had an oil base though.  

Maybe controlling bathroom smells works with any type of oil you place into the bowl - coconut oil, wesson oil, canola oil.  I would rather have zero smell than a flowery manufactured one anyway.  

Respected Contributor

No need to buy it. It's old news and I have made it for years. It's just your favorite essential oil-- we use eucalyptus or lavender--with a bit of alcohol and then fill the rest of the bottle with water. 

Honored Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

No need to buy it. It's old news and I have made it for years. It's just your favorite essential oil-- we use eucalyptus or lavender--with a bit of alcohol and then fill the rest of the bottle with water. 

Thatis what i did also.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

@Double-D  You may think it a joke but believe me when my grandsons come and visit I am so so so glad that I have this lol.  It really is a good product.

Honored Contributor

@DowntonAbbey wrote:

I have to have some in my home...........it is not embarrassing for my guests when they go and it makes the room smell great.  I do ask them to please spray two pumps before they go.  It works.

@DowntonAbbey   Ok I get the poo-pourri thing but do you really instruct your guests to spray before they go?  I would find that embarassing if somebody assumed I was about to stink up their bathroom.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh