Respected Contributor

Well I broke down and got some because of all the good comments in these forums.  I always thought it would be a great white elephant gift.

However you can buy a generic one at Walmart.  I believe it's in the cleaning aisle hanging on the plastic hangers.   It's small and in a white box. 

I've never bought it, but I'm sure it's the same thing, maybe not so highly scented.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Trusted Contributor

Lighting a match works well also.  There are other products like Pure Drop for $2.52 for .67 fluid ounce = $3.76 per ounce or Just a Drop.  The packaging isn't pretty, but less expensive.

Honored Contributor

I would never give it as a gift.

Honored Contributor

I purchased a package of three scents on QVC and really liked only the Original - a nice citrus scent.   I sold the other 2 on Ebay which covered my entire QVC cost, so that was nice.

I have also tried three GENERIC  brands ......  

Fresh Drop at the dollar store .... effective but has a weird scent, sort of like disinfectant.

Pure Drop at Walmart ... effective and mild scent.

V I Poo at the grocery store ... smells like a foul smelling bug spray.   I don't know if it was effective or not because the scent was so bad, I didn't notice!  LOL

At this point, I'm back to Poo Pourri in Original.

Honored Contributor

Two years ago I purchased a holiday gift pack of this product; mainly out of curiosity, and because of the price.   I liked the product; it worked well and my family used it.  

However, as much as I liked this effective product, I realized I liked the Don Aslett X-O neutralizer product more.   A 32 oz bottle of concentrate makes 32 spray bottles, which cannot be beat dollar wise, and the product does the exact same job, neutralizing odors.   Therefore, I have not reordered Poo-Pourri, but continue to keep several bottles of X-O neutralizer on hand, and always keep the bathroom spray bottles filled and ready.   The practical side of me just won't cave to the cuteness of packaging, different scents, etc.

Respected Contributor

My DH recently commented jokingly that I could get him Poo-Pourri as a Christmas present.  Well...he is going to be surprised cause I ordered it for him.  But I feel it is a gift we both will use and appreciate.

Respected Contributor

Love the stuff.  A bottle of it goes wherever I go.

Giving the Christmas scent to my hair stylist along with another stocking stuffer goodie.  She'll get a kick out of it.  Smiley Very Happy

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

Hey, this stuff really, really works.  I keep it in all our bathrooms.  Wouldn't be without it.  That said, I don't think I would give it to someone as a Christmas gift. 

Respected Contributor

@Double-D wrote:

This is certainly on top of my wish list!!  People will buy anything!!

I love  Poo-Pourri!Smiley Very Happy

It works very well.

I live with a room mate and I cringe if he goes into the bathroom after "I went" but with this I am confident things will be at least okay for them to enter!

Great product!

Respected Contributor

After reading this thread I may just have to get this stuff and leave it in my husband's bathroom, the guest baths too! All over the place!

I have to admit I might get some for the Christmas funny gift exchange that I do with my girlfriends!!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield