Super Contributor

Re: POLL....Beatles or Stones? Or someone else?

I love the oldies and all different types of music. Too many to list, but I have some favorites:

Styx, Queen, The Eagles, The Beatles, Bob Dylan 

And don't laugh - I still like Abba and sometimes classical or Broadway show tunes. I'm ecclectic.  

My favorite music changes depending on my mood or what activity I'm doing at the time. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I was never crazy about the Beatles...a little before my time.

I preferred Eric Clapton, Crosby Stills & Nash, B.B King, Buddy Guy and other blues bands.

Respected Contributor

Beatles for sure.

Honored Contributor

For me old school favorites are definitely Earth, Wind & Fire, Luther Vandross, young Stevie Wonder, Michael McDonald, and Nina Simone.

Respected Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

The Stones were my favorite band growing up, but these days , even though I'm. Old, I listen to newer music, even some rap.

Once in awhile I'll listen to oldies like Depeche Mode or Joy Division. But I can't listen to the same music forever. I have to listen to new music. I just can't comprehend listening to same music you grew up with for the rest of your life and nothing else. 

It's just a matter of what your soul responds to...what makes you start singing along, moving and dancing while smiling...the lyrics, the beat...you know, it's what moves YOU, (and your feets) like in the children's movie 'Happy Feet'!  That's what I feel within me, an awakening of all my senses🙆

Respected Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Frank Sinatra and Tony Bennett.

Like listening to the "original" crooners too...do be do be do, and I didn't leave my heart in San Francisco Mr. Bennett!

Respected Contributor

I have been listening to a lot of Brasil 66.

I loved them since I was little.

I have Olympic Fever! Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I just made a playlist yesterday on Spotify of my favorite Jethro Tull songs.  

Esteemed Contributor

I like both for different reasons. I don't know that I could choose one of the other. 

I am 46 so they were at their height before I was born. I am really into music but I cannot imagine letting my age dictate who I listened to or didn't listen to. There is so much great music I would miss if I didn't listen to what is considered "oldies". I love all types of music and genres of music.

Some of my favorites are Grateful Dead, Frank Sinatra, Sex Pistols, Ramones, Bob Dylan, Blondie, Bowie, Iggy Pop, Smiths, Morrissey, Violent Femmes, Clash, NWA, Nas, Dr Dre, Snoop, Eminem, Ice Cube, Tupac, Biggie, Rakim, Ghostface Killah, Kendrick Lamar, Dean Martin, Tony Bennett, Led Zeppelin, ACDC, and many more. I can't imagine closing myself off to one genre or one time period. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Valued Contributor

At that time I liked The Beatles better than the Stones. I actually liked The Dave Clark 5 most of all at that time.  Had a mad crush on Denis Payton, the saxaphone player for the DC5.

I still listen to 60s music when I'm in the car.  I also like the crooners.