Trusted Contributor

Re: POLL....Beatles or Stones? Or someone else?

Beatles - Abbey Road

Honored Contributor

Re: POLL....Beatles, et. al.

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

I like the 8.Beatles.  Always have and always will.  However, they are not the only band that I enjoy.

3.The Commodores

4.The Gap Band

1. Earth Wind and Fire

5.Kool and the Gang

2.The Iseley Brothers

6.Carpenters

7.Sly and the Family Stone

I love all of these also.  I really loved them all.  "After the Love is Gone" comes to mind.  What a song!!

And Karen Carpenter . . . what a voice, and what a loss so young.

Actually I could listen to 70s and early 80s music all day every day.

Magnificent to see Earth Wind and Fire live @LilacTree.  They were touring for a while and I had the opportunity to see them.  Such an experience.  Such raw talent.

The Carpenters, were great as well.  I had to tell my younger son who wrote that song that Luther Vandross made famous.  Yes, it was the Carpenters.

Do you like Carol King?  Love her....

@Itiswhatitis

Absolutely love Carole King.  I have her Tapestry CD, one of the all time greats.  Also Carly Simon, Dionne Warwick/Burt Bacharach collaboration album, "A House is Not a Home," later also recorded by the wonderful Luther VanDross.  That song always made me cry.

My house was filled with music all the time.  There were no tech devices in those days . . . what was being played was heard by my girls and me . . . and we reminisce all the time about those days and the wonderful music that we never realized would last forever in our memories.

Carol King's "It's Too Late."  I love this one.  Actually all of her music.  Did you catch the Kennedy Center Honors where she was honored?  OMG.  If you didn't you might be able to catch snipets on youtube.

@itiswhatitis

Love that song too.  Actually I think I loved thousands of songs and hundreds of artists in those days and still do.  "It's Too Late," I realize, could be the motto of my life. 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Two entirely different styles of iconic music. I like them both. I listen to many different kinds of music, past and present. Some of the music I like is not always in the top of the charts.  If I like the sound of something, I buy it. Aerosmith is my all time favorite rock band, but I also like many, many British acts, past and present. Muse is a present day British Band that I think is very creative. I like some pop stuff too: Meghan Trainor, Rihanna, Bruno Mars, Sam Smith, etc.

Super Contributor

Beatles for me.  I like some of the Rolling Stones music, but to me it doesn't compare with the Beatles.

I think "In My Life" is one of the greatest contemporary songs ever written.  When I hear that song, I can't help but feel emotional.  To me, that's the hallmark of a great song.

My all-time favorite band, though, is the Doors.  I would have loved to have been old enough to see Jim Morrison in his prime!

Honored Contributor

Love the Stones!!!!!!!!!

Frequent Contributor

Always the Rolling Stones.  They cheer me up no matter what.  Love their concerts also!