Super Contributor

Re: POLL....Beatles or Stones? Or someone else?

Heart, Springsteen, Bon Jovi, Journey, Yanni, Hall and Oates, etc.

Never The Beatles or Stones
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Beatles for sure. I play their music daily on our stereo set up (yes vinyl is the way). I also play Hall and Oates a lot, and now Ive gotten back into Todd Rundgren since going to the Ringo show w Todd there. Overall, I play music of all kinds (new and old), every day and DH and I own muliple hundreds of 45's, and albums, and muliple hundreds of cds. We just started (5 or so years ago) replacing some vinyl we no longer had by going to a locally owned record store and buying it. We cannot stand digital music. We both have MP3 players and never use them!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Valued Contributor

Stones all the way - Love Mick!!!

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Esteemed Contributor

Does anyone remember The Grass Roots?

Respected Contributor

If I'm outside I'm listening to B.B. King's Bluesville station. Inside it's the Red, Rock, and Blues station a little of everything.   I don't favor one over the other, they both have some good songs and some bad songs.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@colliegirls wrote:

Does anyone remember The Grass Roots?

Goodness yes! We saw them in concert at a local university way back when and they were really good!

Liked some Beatles songs, not much on the Rolling Stones. But I was (and still am) a huge Aerosmith fan. 

And while I'm on the treadmill, I'm still an avid Prince fan.

Honored Contributor

As the poster on my high school era bedroom wall said...

THE WHO

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Beatles  100%!! In the 60's they were all I lived for!! Had scrapbooks and teen mags galore and tried to get my folks to take me to their first concert in Seattle when they stayed at the Edgewater Inn on the waterfront. Tickets were  $10 and I couldn't scrape it together to go. Ten bucks was a lot of money back then.

Honored Contributor

My favorite group to listen to while flying down the road in my Mom's brand new '68 Mustang (traded in a Pink Edsel for the car so you can imagine our JOY) was to listen to the Doors.  For my flying down the road in the 70's was Boston and Foreigner, so any one of those groups would be a great time by the pool for me.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

Beatles, although I spent part of yesterday afternoon watching Stones videos on YouTube.  And, of course, he came in later, but Prince ... forever Prince.