Respected Contributor

Re: PLEASE HELP A WOLF........

On 1/28/2014 Matty6 said:

{#emotions_dlg.mellow} I agree completely with what doxie said....If it was not for the wolves we would not have domestic dogs. They are adorable. I am very upset about what is happening with the dolphins in japan so wrong on so many levels...All animals deserve to live a good life. Not to be killed for sport. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Yes, I agree, all animals deserve to live a good life and not be killed for sport.

Trusted Contributor

I totally agree in the balance of nature.......BUT.........let nature take care of their own instincts, not allow the slaughter of any species......especially endangered species.....regardless of the species.........to control the populations, as they did many years before humans got involved.......{#emotions_dlg.crying} Why should we use Federal dollars to prevent the eradication of a species, and reintrouduce ANY species, back to their natural and indigenous habitat, only to put a free for all to kill the very animals that we have been protecting......Let nature be nature.........Cool I understand the feelings of those here on the wolves, but I am now speaking of ALL animals, as I have been involved in saving land and ocean and flight of sky animals...........{#emotions_dlg.wub}

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Trusted Contributor

patgirl......I can understand what you must have felt when the wolf killed the poor deer.......but where I live, I have to look at the fact that the deer are so over populated, that they carry disease that is being transferred to farm animals, and the deaths they are causing to humans by automobile......{#emotions_dlg.crying} I understand they are not a problem in all states......but here they are......I do not believe in ANY game hunting for a trophy, but I do agree in hunting for food, and to feed people.....That is where the balance of life comes in......If you want a trophy.......then that is fine, as long as you are giving the rest of the animal to those who are starving and need the meat of the animal.........That is fair, and the true way of the circle of life.........Cool This is an email that I just received the other day, in my efforts to save the Idaho wolves..........

I am pleased to report that last night we learned that the Idaho Department of Fish and Game (IDFG) has recalled the trapper they hired to kill wolves in the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness - halting the planned extermination of wolf packs in this area!

This is an important victory and you were a big part of it. The outpouring of concern and outrage from wildlife lovers across the country made a real difference. Thank you for helping make this victory possible!

As you know, Defenders and our allies went to court seeking an emergency injunction to halt the planned slaughter. Idaho’s decision to end their program means that for now, the remaining wolves are safe.

Make no mistake; the state of Idaho is one of the worst places in America to be a wolf. Nine wolves in the Frank Church Wilderness had already been killed before the trapper was called off, and this is on top of the hundreds of wolves that have been killed in the state since federal protection for wolves was eliminated. We have every reason to believe that Idaho will continue its reckless and unwarranted wolf eradication program.

There will surely be future fights to protect Idaho’s wolves, but let’s take a moment to celebrate this important victory for wolves!

AGAIN.............I am not just fighting for the wolf (they just happen to be the fight that I am MOST involved in)..........I am currently in a big fight with the manatee as well..........., and several others.....I have no children, so I am fighting for animals/mammals......of all animal kingdoms........{#emotions_dlg.wub}

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......