Respected Contributor

Our babies are so precious. Sad story

A 3 year old little boy came up missing from his grandfathers home about 1 am this morning near Ironton Mo, a search was done and he was found dead in a van under a blanket about 11 am CST today a mile from his home. He was only in his undies when he was discovered missing, 20 degree weather.  A sad, sad story, how he got into a van seems a bit odd to me.  They are investigating. I have a 4 month old grandson that I keep everyday, I give him lots of kisses and  hugs and he just smiles and it melts my heart.  I cannot imagine what the parents are going through.     

Honored Contributor

Re: Our babies are so precious. Sad story

I often think how it's a ****** shoot to whom you are born.  Some are very lucky and some aren't.  

I've always said 'children are GOD's gift to us'.  Unfortunately, some people don't feel that way.

It's crazy when you think that pretty much anyone can have a baby.  There are people who want children so bad but can't.  According to my daughter the rate of women not being able to have children naturally (get pregnant) is growing.

She said she has read where they blame it on a lot of things but nothing specific.  

What is in is some people that makes them so evil that they would (in any way) hurt a dear child?  I don't think most people understand it, I know I don't.

Now the child is up in heaven being taken care of.

Honored Contributor

Did he wander away and crawl into the van somewhere and then freeze, or do they think he was abducted, or do they suspect someone in the home did him harm?

Either way, such a sad and tragic thing. Some children just never have a chance.

Respected Contributor

What a horric nightmare. That poor child, what he must of been thru before some evil killer took his short life. So sad. God bless him and his family.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Respected Contributor

mominohio wrote:  

Did he wander away and crawl into the van somewhere and then freeze, or do they think he was abducted, or do they suspect someone in the home did him harm?

they are not sure, still investigating. There is an autopsy scheduled for tomorrow. He is in a better place now, that's for sure. 

Honored Contributor

RIP, dear young boy.   In general, it's probably a good idea to have some sort of motion alarm on the floor entrance to a child's bedroom.  I guess a three- year- old can wander out of his/her bedroom and out the front door now-a-days.  Maybe a sliding chain lock placed high on the front/back doors?  I really don't know the answer.  We just have to be very careful if and when we babysit the youngsters.  Make sure they keep out of danger.  Make sure that someone can't climb into a window from the outside, too.   I like those slider type of indoor gadgets for doors/windows. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Romary..I  agree with what you wrote.I have a friend who's small children woke early and walked a mile to a grocery store.They filled a couple of bags with groceries and then made it back home with their surprise for mommy.These girls were 3and 5 years old and this could have been a sad ending but thankfully not that time.

Respected Contributor

I think this little baby wandered away while his grandfather was caring for him.