Respected Contributor

Ordered contacts online.......disaster

I have ordered my contacts online for the past few years as no matter who ordered them from it was about 45% less than what the optometrist's office charged me.

Recently I saw a posting here about Target optical and thought I why not?

Ughhh.  I am so sorry I did. I have never had a problem in the past with other companies and I have used many others.

Target did not send me my full order that I paid for.  The packing slip indicated a full order so I attempted to contact them.

It has been going on 4 weeks I have sent emails (5 to date)  and called 6 times.  (each call takes at least 27 mins) .

My last call they insisted they needed my credit card to process the replacement order ....NO.

Every time I call customer service, live chat, or email I am getting another story.  

Now that I am looking online I am finding my problem is not unusual. 

Learn from my mistake.  Avoid Target Optical

Contributor

Re: Ordered contacts online.......disaster

Call your credit card company and dispute the charges. They will end up crediting your account for the full amount. I had the same problem with a company that I bought wireless earbuds. After many attempts on the phone and e mail I called my credit card company. They asked a few questions and next month I had a credit. Very easy. 

Respected Contributor

@missy mouse wrote:

Call your credit card company and dispute the charges. They will end up crediting your account for the full amount. I had the same problem with a company that I bought wireless earbuds. After many attempts on the phone and e mail I called my credit card company. They asked a few questions and next month I had a credit. Very easy. 

I understand how to do a CC dispute for a CC charge.

However, this involves my insurance company so it becomes much more complicated.

Esteemed Contributor

There was a recent positing about ordering glasses on line.  They were all positive for that ......except guess who? ......   me.

I tried the less expensive route only to have lenses fall out at every sneeze - had to carry mini-screwdriver at all times.

Eyes and money are too precious to frog around with - I say.

Hope you get satisfaction.

Respected Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

There was a recent positing about ordering glasses on line.  They were all positive for that ......except guess who? ......   me.

I tried the less expensive route only to have lenses fall out at every sneeze - had to carry mini-screwdriver at all times.

Eyes and money are too precious to frog around with - I say.

Hope you get satisfaction.

Sorry you had some bad luck.  Glasses are a tough one.  They are so overpriced.

I know a lot of people who have had great luck with Warby Parker.  Really cool frames for a great price.

They send you 5 free to try at home and make your selection from.

Contacts are usually easy, they are basically price fixed online, one price if they take insurance and a lower price if they are cash only- no insurance.

Respected Contributor

UPDATE-  after several more days of calling, live chats, and emails I ended up contacting the Target Corp office.  I now have a very nice woman from there trying to assist me, it is difficult as this is an outside company to the Target Corp. and they (the optical department) have very limited hours of operation.

Target Corp was MORE than willing to refund my money promptly, however, due to the insurance component--- It becomes complicated.

Tomorrow I will contact my insurance company to report the problem.

I regret ever buying anything from Target Optical.