Respected Contributor

Re: Opinions please on bizzare situation.

Very confusing the way it was written.  Was the box your friend sent you empty?  Maybe I missed that part.

Trusted Contributor

Destroy everything.  The financial transaction between these two men will be worked out by them and their check cancelled and reissued.  End of story.  

The reason your name got brought into is is because some post office employee in the U.S. got stuck with a check that was floating around wi no address in it, stuck it into an envelope, sent it to the last recipient they'd seen a tag for because he/she didn't want to have to deal with this mystery over $3 bucks.  

Respected Contributor

I would probably call the bank that's on the check and ask them what to do.  Other than that, I don't think you should be the one getting all the paperwork and trying to figure out the situation. 

Honored Contributor

I'm like most of you....totally LOST in understanding this post.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

She is concerned because this looks like a scam and her name is involved. I would have just shredded the whole thing. If it's legitimate the two men involved will work it out between them. The more official persons involved, the more like it will get a life of it's own.

Trusted Contributor

RinaRina are you the OP? It certainly sounds like something she would write and the type of situations that go from small to major. I am convinced she has multiple names she uses.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Valued Contributor

Like the majority of you, color me confused.  However, if the check was for $2,900.00, I would have tried to get in touch witht he person who wrote it if his addy was on the check. and then sent it back to him.  Other than that I would have dropped it at the nearest post office and turned it over to them and gotten a receipt.  The End.

I'm not sure, OP, why you think you would get in trouble?  Since youi didn't cash it and it is the bank's responsibility, if they cash it for someone other than the endorsee, I would forget it.  Who cares what your friend is doing with it.  Maybe she'll come to visit you with the $$$  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Sorry about not explaining the situation correctly.The check was $ 2.900.I am not Rina and unfortunately for me the situation is real.I am frustated because my friend is not texting me more details about what the police told her.I don't know if I should call her.My daughter and other Italian friend who lives here in the States both told me not to call.I probably shouldn't be too worried because the return receipt doesn't have my signature but an illegible scribble.The person who sent that check could have easily wrote my name.Also there is no visible postage or stamp on that envelope from what I could see from the picture.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for your suggestion LEXPEX.My friend has the check in Italy.She would never cash it and stated she couldn't do it anyway.I am tempted to call her. 

Honored Contributor

I would have put it in the shredder.    

♥Surface of the Sun♥