Honored Contributor

Ooma users...I have a question............................................

I am looking to purchase one of those devices that blocks unwanted calls. The Ooma people tell me they cannot guarantee that it will work with my Ooma. Of course they tell me this because they want me to upgrade to their premier service which I'm not interested in doing at the moment. 

My question is...will a call-blocking device work with the Ooma phone service?

Honored Contributor

Re: Ooma users...I have a question............................................

I don't know but that's a good question. I have thought about trying the Ooma service. The only thing I don't like about it from what I have read is if your Internet is down so is your phone service.

I could also use that call blocking device. I'm sick of the telemarketer calls. IMC calls here every day. I picked up the phone earlier & slammed it in their ear.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz,

That is true...if internet is down so is your phone. But most people have cells as their back-up so it's not a problem keeping in touch with others. 

Believe or not my landline with Quest had more out-of-service days than my Ooma so far. I am so glad to have gotten rid of the landline and I'm saving a bundle!

I want the call-blocking device real bad.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Nightowlz,

That is true...if internet is down so is your phone. But most people have cells as their back-up so it's not a problem keeping in touch with others. 

Believe or not my landline with Quest had more out-of-service days than my Ooma so far. I am so glad to have gotten rid of the landline and I'm saving a bundle!

I want the call-blocking device real bad.

We have had phone service with AT&T for 40 yrs with the same number. As far as I know we never had any out of service days. 

Let me know if it works with the Ooma if you try it.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz,

Shoot! Looks like I need to have caller id subscibed to my phone in order for the device to work. I don't have caller id and I don't want it.

Oh well, so much for getting it.Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Nightowlz,

Shoot! Looks like I need to have caller id subscibed to my phone in order for the device to work. I don't have caller id and I don't want it.

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Nightowlz,

@SilleeMee I have caller id but don't have call waiting or anything else. They added the caller id at no charge but there was going to be a charge for the rest of the package so I told them to keep it. At least the # pops up on the TV & I can see if I want to answer the phone or not. I don't answer to numbers I don't know. I also like the silence button on my phone to press so I don't have to keep listening to the phone ring from the scammers. Sometimes they just let it ring & ring.