Honored Contributor

Re: One of Kate Goselin's 8 now in a school for troubled kids.

I will admit I watch parts of all their series, and she was an over bearing, demanidng shrew of a woman.

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

I only watched this show some, in the very beginning, and thought that one of the twins was going to end up being the 'troubled' child.

I haven't seen these kids for so long.  They must be half grown by now, especially the twins.

I wonder how she supports all of them.  It always seemed like he didn't make much, so she had to do most of the money-making.   I also always wondered how you meet men when you have 8 kids.  I imagine most men would run for the hills.  She is attractive, but that's a tall order!  Smiley Happy

Cannot be much support from Daddy, the last I heard he was working as a waiter at TGIF or some place similar.   His t.v. career did not go very far.

If I recall correctly, he didn't want the tv career ~ SHE did.  Think this played a part of the demise of their marriage.  No.  I never watched it.  I read it.

I did not know that about him.  Like you I did not watch the program but from what I heard about her over the years I can see where she wore the pants in the family so to speak.  

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

While I would sympathize with anyone going throughthis r similar issues, why do peoplecontinue to care about these people and feed into their narcissistic need for attention?

Esteemed Contributor

I never watched the show, but I have seen both of them on various other shows. After watching her on DWTS and seeing the attitude she had with Tony Dovolani, one of the nicest pros on that show, I came to the conclusion that she is a difficult person. It's her way or the highway. Her ex husband comes off as being kind of shell shocked by the whole experience.

Honored Contributor

Shocking.

Respected Contributor

i think Collin was being homeschooled before this.

But ...Why is she blabbing about his private issues, she has no shame.

Respected Contributor

I use to watch the show when it was on every week and I thought early on that Collin is not going to cave into Kate and her demanding and rude way of dealing with her children. He is head strong and has a mind of his own. You could tell he got real tired of her yelling and screaming over the simplest things. I think he is a lot like Jon and also herself and is an independent thinker and she doesn't know how to deal with a child that won't ask how high when she says jump. I think she has sent him away because she knows she can't control his every movement and his indepence. Now I am in no way saying that he shouldn't mind and follow rules. I just think the other children of those eight have figured out it is easier to just do what Kate wants and get along than it is to question her or show any signs of thinking for themselves.

Honored Contributor

Special Needs does not translate to Troubled Kids.  They are two different things.

Whichever, it's too bad his father doesn't participate in his life.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Anyone raising children today has a lot to deal with. An autistic child throws many more challenges into the mix. I sympathize with any parent in this situation, and getting help seems to be a good thing for the child. I know Kate and her behaviour have been dissected every way possible, but I would like to add my two cents: Few parents could raise 2 toddlers and 6 babies without a schedule and structure. Her husband seemed shell shocked from the beginning, leaving her to make a lot of decisions. As he retreated into indecision, I think this just fed into her Type A personality, until the schedule became the goal for her instead of the joy of raising children. And this continued to snowball with all the fallout played out on TV. I am glad she is getting her child help. My opinion only and, to be clear, I am not a fan of either parent, but I pray those children are happy and healthy.

Honored Contributor

I watched the show the first couple of years when the kids were little.  She used to be a nurse but obviously wanted to be a celebrity.  I don't remember what he did for a living.  

Honored Contributor

Kate has said she only will let certain kids go with their Dad. If they don't want to go they don't have to. I don't see how she gets away with it. I'm sure the child custody and visitation went through the courts, but she is a manipulator I think.