Honored Contributor

One of Kate Goselin's 8 now in a school for troubled kids.

From ET Online and other sources

The 41-year-old Kate Plus 8 star says she's enrolled Collin in a program away from home to help him cope with "special needs." Kate's ex, 39-year-old Jon Gosselin, told ET earlier this month that he is estranged from Collin, and hasn't seen him in two years.

"Collin has special needs," Kate tells People in a new interview reflecting on 10 years after Kate Plus 8 last aired. "[There's] a fairly fluid diagnosis of what those needs are, but he needs to learn certain strategies to help him deal with things. This has been a struggle we've had for a very long time, and it's one I've dealt with on my own."

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: One of Kate Goselin's 8 now in a school for troubled kids.

Why is daddy Goselin estranged, I wonder.  There is no excuse not to be there for your children.

*Call Tyrone*
Respected Contributor

That's so sad 

I think Kate doesn't want him involved.   Didn't he sign his rights away?  

Just a bad situation...

Honored Contributor

It is a very sad situation, I read some where that he is Autistic, I though that was ususally diagnoised early in life. The kids are the real victims of Kate's thrving for TV popularity

@bri20 wrote:

That's so sad 

Just a bad situation...

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I only watched this show some, in the very beginning, and thought that one of the twins was going to end up being the 'troubled' child.

I haven't seen these kids for so long.  They must be half grown by now, especially the twins.

I wonder how she supports all of them.  It always seemed like he didn't make much, so she had to do most of the money-making.   I also always wondered how you meet men when you have 8 kids.  I imagine most men would run for the hills.  She is attractive, but that's a tall order!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

It is a very sad situation, I read some where that he is Autistic, I though that was ususally diagnoised early in life. The kids are the real victims of Kate's thrving for TV popularity

@bri20 wrote:

That's so sad 

Just a bad situation...

Doesn't a diagnosis depend on where he is on the spectrum?

*Call Tyrone*
Respected Contributor

Didn't she pull him out of regular school for some disciplinary issues a few years ago?   

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I only watched this show some, in the very beginning, and thought that one of the twins was going to end up being the 'troubled' child.

I haven't seen these kids for so long.  They must be half grown by now, especially the twins.

I wonder how she supports all of them.  It always seemed like he didn't make much, so she had to do most of the money-making.   I also always wondered how you meet men when you have 8 kids.  I imagine most men would run for the hills.  She is attractive, but that's a tall order!  Smiley Happy

Cannot be much support from Daddy, the last I heard he was working as a waiter at TGIF or some place similar.   His t.v. career did not go very far.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

Cannot be much support from Daddy, the last I heard he was working as a waiter at TGIF or some place similar.   His t.v. career did not go very far.

If I recall correctly, he didn't want the tv career ~ SHE did.  Think this played a part of the demise of their marriage.  No.  I never watched it.  I read it.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

If I recall correctly, he didn't want the tv career ~ SHE did.  Think this played a part of the demise of their marriage.  No.  I never watched it.  I read it.

I did not know that about him.  Like you I did not watch the program but from what I heard about her over the years I can see where she wore the pants in the family so to speak.  

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."