Honored Contributor

One lucky person in Ohio won a $372 million lottery jackpot in Tuesday’s Mega Million jackpot.....

[ Edited ]

The cash payout option on the ticket is over a quarter of a billion dollars.....$251.5 million.

so what  is the FIRST THING you would do with that kind of money?

Iwould move into a new home with everything In it "growing older" friendly...nice kitchen...great bathroom and bedroom.  

After that....I am not sure.  It might take me a while to know how to be that rich!😄

Honored Contributor

Re: One lucky person in Ohio won a $372 million lottery jackpot in Tuesday’s Mega Million jackpot..

Cleared 251,000 I figured they would take half

Respected Contributor

Re: One lucky person in Ohio won a $372 million lottery jackpot in Tuesday’s Mega Million jackpot..

For my mom, sister, and two brothers I would haver their own house built.  And after that I would like to build a apartment complex for Veterans. For myself I would take a long vacation traveling in Europe. Donate to charity and invest a lot of it.

Esteemed Contributor

The first thing I would do is MOVE!

Then I would donate to my favorite animal charities, maybe secretly, as in anonymously, give a little to my friends.

Travel would be next.

Then, I'd clear my Amazon wish list! *lol*Woman LOL

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Regular Contributor

I would buy a new house on a huge piece of land and build many garages for many models and types of cars, trucks and at least 1 motorhome.  I would learn new hobbies, snow skiing which is something I've always wanted to do and learn how to make pottery, paint, etc. Have fun!!  Travel!!  Give money away to friends and family!!!  Invest.

Honored Contributor

Congratulations to the person who won that money.  I wish them a happy and healthy life.

If I won a big lottery, I would help my family members out first, pay for college education for my grands and nieces and nephews, then help out some people that I know that are too old and sick to work.

I promised the kids where I volunteer a new playground if i win the lottery, and I would keep my promise. 

I would probably travel more often, but no new house or big shopping trips.  I can't think of a single thing that I want.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

- I would pay off my son's student loan & buy him a new car.  
   -Write a large check to the local food bank that I volunteer at.

- Finish the remodeling work in my home that I've been putting off.

- Grab DH & take one heck of a vacation.

Honored Contributor

Must be nice. We never have lottery jackpot winners around here.

Respected Contributor

I'd keep 1 million for myself, give each my close friends & my family members 1 million & use the rest to setup investments to benefit the charities I support. I like my life so I'd  keep it the same but would like to downsize & be mortgage free...that would be so great.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'd want to take care of my family first and foremost, but as I am an older lady, there isn't a lot on my wish list.  I would love being able to help our animal shelter become a "no kill" shelter, and of course, my church.  There are so many places I could do some good and it would be nice to contribute more than my measly little donations.

I find it very gratifying when I read the replies that have been to think of others first.