Honored Contributor

Re: One More QVC Mess I Just Discovered!

Spoiler

Ask your son in law, the Internet wizard.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66So very, very sorry you've had this happen.

Honored Contributor

@NycVixen wrote:

I would highly recommend for you to order online instead. You can see and make sure everything is correct before you place your order. It seems like ordering via phone is giving you more trouble than it's worth. 

@NycVixen     @Annabellethecat66

I agree .... and check your online ordering account daily for at least the next decade or so ....   

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo That's a good idea (about QVC tech).  It did come from FB.   I sat with Customer Service and one by one had them remove all of these people from my QVC addresses.  She was like, "What about Dr So and So"?  I said, "Delete, I've never sent him anything, I don't know his address ".  

It was exactly the same as what came from my cell phone (which had everyone from FB).  These were friends I went to school with, but I only read about on FB!  I didn't know their home phone numbers, etc.

It does have something to do with sync.  I just wanted the apps to be on all of my IPADs, my cell phone, all of my apple devices.  I wouldn't have thought it was possible for my cellphone to copy everything (and I mean everything) from FB!

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

What your keystrokes, one mis step and you can end up with a virus or worse. Close all other apps before you order from QVC.

Since these things are happening to you frequently I suggest you triple check an order before you hit the send button

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Still i dont see how this happens.  You are saying that QVC snatched your facebook friends list?  How?  But you said they had your doctors names and addresses.  You have your doctors as facebook friends?  But more than anything Facebook doesnt have street addresses so how did they get them?  Puzzled.  🙄

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shawnie wrote:

Still i dont see how this happens.  You are saying that QVC snatched your facebook friends list?  How?  But you said they had your doctors names and addresses.  You have your doctors as facebook friends?  But more than anything Facebook doesnt have street addresses so how did they get them?  Puzzled.  🙄

@Shawnie,  Facebook does allow all sorts of detailed info in the "Contact and Basic Info" section, including street addresses.   Many "friends" or "liked pages" such as doctors or medical groups will have that info available on Facebook.   I can see how she transferred the info from Facebook to her phone (or from the phone to Facebook, for that matter), but not how QVC accessed it and placed it in her account address book.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Shawnie wrote:

@Shawnie,  Facebook does allow all sorts of detailed info in the "Contact and Basic Info" section, including street addresses.   Many "friends" or "liked pages" such as doctors or medical groups will have that info available on Facebook.   I can see how she transferred the info from Facebook to her phone (or from the phone to Facebook, for that matter), but not how QVC accessed it and placed it in her account address book.

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Annabellethecat66,  One clue would be if that list of names/addresses exists on any of your electronic devices used to access QVC.com.   Do you see those same names/addresses anywhere else?   And, also, whether you use one of the QVC apps?   Just brainstorming here, and I don't use the Q apps because when I try them now and then I never find them to be very useful, but I wonder if it's possible to sync your "contacts" on a device with the "address book" on QVC.com account.   I know many people did this kind of sync between their computers or mobile devices and their Facebook account without realizing it, and suddenly they had shared all sorts of contact info they didn't intend to share.

That's what it sounds like to me, too. 

If the account were truly compromised by someone else, you wouldn't know any of the people who were on the list.

I would go into my QVC account online and look myself. It's important to keep an eye on all accounts on a regular basis. You have the power to do that here without having to wait for a CS rep to alert you to something wrong. You should be using that power.