Honored Contributor

Re: One More QVC Mess I Just Discovered!

I did want all of my ipads to have the same apps.  But that still doesn't explain how QVC ended up with all of these addresses and phone numbers when initially I didn't even have them.

They are now on my cell phone.  I'm taking them off.  Strange and scary that it could happen.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@SharkE Might as well..... you wouldn't believe all of the people who are on 'the list' and I just checked and these people are on my freaking cell phone too!

How in the heck did they get on my cell phone?  This is really crazy!  Scary really!  I guess this is how people mate cell phones for illegal purposes?

@Annabellethecat66,  You likely imported them from another device (like a computer or tablet) or from an account (like Facebook, email, Skype, etc.) to your phone, and you didn't realize you did it.    If you use any cloud storage they also might be there, and can be synced to any number of things.    It's a good example of the need for all of us to keep a really close eye on the settings for all devices, accounts, and storage systems we might use.

eta:  How your Q account got them...  I don't know, but if I were you I'd send an email to the Q Social Team and ask them to forward to the tech support folks to investigate and respond.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

Big Mystery to me.  I have certain things synched on my devices that i chose in settings, including mail, my calendar, my contacts, my music to name a few.  The only people in my contacts are people that i knowlingly put there.  On my phone there is a list of recent calls but they only include names, phone numbers and city/state unless the person is in my contacts.  Then my cell phone would have the street address.  And i do not understand how your list on your cell phone coukd have been lifted from a phone call to QVC.  That doesnt make sense to me.  I have looked at both the qvc app and .com and i do not see an option to share my contact data.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Once again I found out (by accident) this afternoon, some how, some way my QVC account has been 'compromised'.  That's the only way I know how to put it.

I'm posting this so others can be aware to make sure it hasn't happened to them.

I send a lot of things to mainly my three daughters.  Two live in different states.  When I call QVC I tell them they are in my list of people (address book).  No problem.  The QVC person retrieves it from my 'address listed', again, it is supposed to only have on record my 3 daughter's addresses.

So, this afternoon I was going to send my daughter in Colorado something.  I called and the QVC phone answerer says, "Do you want this to go to (and she proceeds to list off people I know through face book, friends, business acquaintances, and get this...MY DOCTOR'S Names"!

I said, "I've never sent any of these people anything.  How would QVC know these people and their addresses, I don't even know their addresses!"

Then I asked to speak to customer service.  The first representative was nice but she couldn't help me.  She connected me with her Supervisor.  She was very helpful in taking each person off of my (whatever lists people's names) one by one.  There must have been 25 or more people (and Drs) on it!

Then we went to work straightening out the fiasco QVC had made of my account about a week or so ago (they had all packages sent to my daughter instead of me, even though they were for me....someone changed the sent to address).

The Supervisor kept telling me there was no way they would know the information that was listed on my list of people I'd sent things to.  I kept telling her no one has access to my pin or any of my information.

So, it's supposed to be a mystery.  But I'm going to get to the bottom of this.  Some way this list got on to QVC.  

Any idea how this could have happened?  Some of you are very smart when it comes to computers?  It wouldn't bother me except it had listed some of my Drs, that worries me.

As I said, no one has listed anywhere any of my Drs or any of these people.  I don't even know their addresses so how could this have happened?

Sounds like QVC has accessed your email address book.  Everything goes through email now.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

Report your issues to the QVC fraud department. If you have credit card monitoring that covers fraud than I would also involve them. 

Honored Contributor

I doubt QVC "copied" anything.  You probably inadvertently did something to your phone that transmitted the addresses to QVC.  You're too quick to blame QVC for mishaps you or your phone may have caused.  Why would the Q want every address on your phone?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 You bet I did.  I told CS I knew it wasn't there fault (the people I spoke with).

However, obviously, something happened that caused this.  I just don't see how it could have happened ONLY to me.

I've learned in life not to just accept, "gee, I don't know".  I've figured out WHERE it all came from, I just don't understand HOW it could be transferred.  That's what needs to be changed.

If I don't hear from who's it in a week or two, I have a few numbers (she said she didn't have any corporate number) and I'll start calling them.

Honored Contributor

If you are posting online, why aren't you ordering online? Why do you call your orders in? 

The only reason for me to contact QVC on the phone is to question about an order I've received, never to place an order. Placing an order online is a lot easier than by phone -- no phone menu juggling, no waiting for C/S to pick up and I review the order before I press submit.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom

it is also a good idea to check your order status and account status daily, just to make sure everything is valid and nothing looks suspicious.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I would highly recommend for you to order online instead. You can see and make sure everything is correct before you place your order. It seems like ordering via phone is giving you more trouble than it's worth. 

~Live with Intention~