Honored Contributor

One More QVC Mess I Just Discovered!

Once again I found out (by accident) this afternoon, some how, some way my QVC account has been 'compromised'.  That's the only way I know how to put it.

I'm posting this so others can be aware to make sure it hasn't happened to them.

I send a lot of things to mainly my three daughters.  Two live in different states.  When I call QVC I tell them they are in my list of people (address book).  No problem.  The QVC person retrieves it from my 'address listed', again, it is supposed to only have on record my 3 daughter's addresses.

So, this afternoon I was going to send my daughter in Colorado something.  I called and the QVC phone answerer says, "Do you want this to go to (and she proceeds to list off people I know through face book, friends, business acquaintances, and get this...MY DOCTOR'S Names"!

I said, "I've never sent any of these people anything.  How would QVC know these people and their addresses, I don't even know their addresses!"

Then I asked to speak to customer service.  The first representative was nice but she couldn't help me.  She connected me with her Supervisor.  She was very helpful in taking each person off of my (whatever lists people's names) one by one.  There must have been 25 or more people (and Drs) on it!

Then we went to work straightening out the fiasco QVC had made of my account about a week or so ago (they had all packages sent to my daughter instead of me, even though they were for me....someone changed the sent to address).

The Supervisor kept telling me there was no way they would know the information that was listed on my list of people I'd sent things to.  I kept telling her no one has access to my pin or any of my information.

So, it's supposed to be a mystery.  But I'm going to get to the bottom of this.  Some way this list got on to QVC.  

Any idea how this could have happened?  Some of you are very smart when it comes to computers?  It wouldn't bother me except it had listed some of my Drs, that worries me.

As I said, no one has listed anywhere any of my Drs or any of these people.  I don't even know their addresses so how could this have happened?

Respected Contributor

Re: One More QVC Mess I Just Discovered!

Strange.  Did you possibly send your doctors holiday gifts?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66,  One clue would be if that list of names/addresses exists on any of your electronic devices used to access QVC.com.   Do you see those same names/addresses anywhere else?   And, also, whether you use one of the QVC apps?   Just brainstorming here, and I don't use the Q apps because when I try them now and then I never find them to be very useful, but I wonder if it's possible to sync your "contacts" on a device with the "address book" on QVC.com account.   I know many people did this kind of sync between their computers or mobile devices and their Facebook account without realizing it, and suddenly they had shared all sorts of contact info they didn't intend to share.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Can I get on the list ?
LOL

Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Annabellethecat66,  One clue would be if that list of names/addresses exists on any of your electronic devices used to access QVC.com.   Do you see those same names/addresses anywhere else?   And, also, whether you use one of the QVC apps?   Just brainstorming here, and I don't use the Q apps because when I try them now and then I never find them to be very useful, but I wonder if it's possible to sync your "contacts" on a device with the "address book" on QVC.com account.   I know many people did this kind of sync between their computers or mobile devices and their Facebook account without realizing it, and suddenly they had shared all sorts of contact info they didn't intend to share.

that sounds right. I was wondering if she imported her email contacts somehow but you said it much better. 

Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

I have checked my devices and my apps and dont see that as an option.  I checked my QVC account address book and it only includes people i have shipped to.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66...........This happened to me many yrs ago even before computers were  "in" .  Everything I bought was being sent to my DD in Az. What a mess.

I took her name off my list (she was the only one I had on it) and after that ,if I order for her or anyone else I don't use auto-ordering .I give the operator  the address when I order. I still don't like doing that much either because everyonce in a while it pops up as my address. Even in the post office. 

I have not thought about that in a long time but now I am a bit afraid it may happen again.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks, @nun ya and @Shawnie!   This is the reason I think the first thing to check is whether those same names/addresses exist on any of @Annabellethecat66's devices (or any of her accounts) used to access QVC.com in any way.   That would be a good initial clue as to the source of this mystery.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo I just got the same idea.  I just looked at my cell phone and for some reason I've picked up the names, phone numbers, etc of these people on my cell phone!

I don't do it very often but I have used it to call QVC to order things and some how QVC 'copied' everything from my cell phone!  I sure never gave them any of these numbers because I didn't even know they were on there!

I'm in the process of deleting so many phone numbers from my cell phone it's crazy.

This electronic stuff is crazy!

Honored Contributor

@SharkE Might as well..... you wouldn't believe all of the people who are on 'the list' and I just checked and these people are on my freaking cell phone too!

How in the heck did they get on my cell phone?  This is really crazy!  Scary really!  I guess this is how people mate cell phones for illegal purposes?