Super Contributor

Scary stuff. My friend, her daughter went last year with college choir, and right before, maybe a month or so, was that incident at the airport. She went. Everything was fine.

But now, I'd be a little nervous.

And IF I was the parents of that ice skater who won bronze but isn't going because they picked the fourth place person instead, I'd almost be secretly glad my daughter wasn't going. While at the same time I'd be sad she was missing the opportunity and rewards for a lifetime of practice and dedication to her sport. Mixed feelings for sure would overwhelm me.

I pray ALL the athletes are safe and have a good showing and experience at the Olympics.

Honored Contributor

I heard today on the radio that they have 100,000 of tickets not sold. I do not doubt it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Trusted Contributor

People are more likely to be hurt and killed in the USA given the prevalence of guns vs. terrorism overseas. Our (USA) crime rates are the highest in the world.

Honored Contributor
I tought it was about spiders. Lol
Honored Contributor
I would consider not sending our teams from USA if the security can't be determined; Putin is not about to share any security info with other countries so how can we possibly determine if anyone is safe of what the threats are? The venues are far away from each other and in remote areas accessible by bus.....a bus is the target of choice for the suicide bombers. Too scary to even imagine what could happen.
Super Contributor
On 1/21/2014 terrier3 said:
On 1/21/2014 SydneyH said:

Can someone post a link, it's not on any of the major news websites.

...it was just announced on MSNBC...on Tamron's show.

I didn't know anyone watched MSNBC. {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Honored Contributor
On 1/21/2014 upsidedown said: I would consider not sending our teams from USA if the security can't be determined; Putin is not about to share any security info with other countries so how can we possibly determine if anyone is safe of what the threats are? The venues are far away from each other and in remote areas accessible by bus.....a bus is the target of choice for the suicide bombers. Too scary to even imagine what could happen.

Putin is allowing the US to bring some warships closer. How comforting.......not.

Honored Contributor

Good....it was discussed on Fox news.

Honored Contributor
On 1/21/2014 momtodogs said:

Good....it was discussed on Fox news.

My understanding is that the ships will only be used to evacuate people if it becomes necessary. It's too bad Putin isn't taking advantage of our intelligence personnel, it couldn't hurt imho.

Super Contributor

The problem is that the crazy people who want to blow themselves up are here in the USA too. It's not just a Russia Olympic thing. But now they are trying to get the most media coverage as possible and of course, that is happening.