Contributor

Once again...QVC's idea of Christmas presents are a bust.

QVC's ideas of what Christmas presents are is once again saving me lots of money, because I won't be buying any of them. Boring, Boring, BORING.  Same mediocre products, no creative things, NO children's books (!), which were favorites in the past. I have been shopping with QVC since 1992, and Christmas shopping used to be fun. It used to be special. That stopped years ago...now it's just the same mundane "stuff", over and over and over again. Pathetic, really. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Once again...QVC's idea of Christmas presents are a bust.

For much of the "stuff" I completely agree.  My absolulte exception is Dan's choices - mostly for the guys, obviously.  

He always has some things that are unique to our local shopping experience, and/or weeds out the not so great guy things and finds some more special items.

I ordered two items this morning for men in my immediate family who travel, and who need tools in homes they recently established.  I would not have found those things locally.  Thanks, Dan, for your choices. Love his auto shows also.  

Honored Contributor

Or you could look at what they're offering as presents as what is actually selling in huge numbers.

I have yet to see a TSV recently that's been a bust.  Just because OP or I couldn't care a bit, when 80,000 or 125,000, or even 5000 of an item sell, to call the offering a bust defies any kind of logic.  

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

Or you could look at what they're offering as presents as what is actually selling in huge numbers.

I have yet to see a TSV recently that's been a bust.  Just because OP or I couldn't care a bit, when 80,000 or 125,000, or even 5000 of an item sell, to call the offering a bust defies any kind of logic 

I disagree with you.  I don't know if they are a bust or not, but they sure as heck are a bore.  For the most part, they are the same old, same old.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

A day of Bose, a day of Dell, a day of Kitchen Aid... and now almost a day of NFL.

Snoozefest, and I don't even watch Q on TV, I scroll through the Recently Aired.

Honored Contributor

QVC used to have holiday time TSVs that you really would give as a gift.  How many people actually give Kitchen Aids?

I remember them having a really nice watch every year, and a few pieces of nice jewelry.  Things you would get for your mother or sister, or even yourself.

And a TSV of nice flatware, enough for holiday guests.

They would also premiere a few really nice outfits for holiday parties, and those books for kids that were mentioned earlier here.

Now it's all utilitarian. 

Respected Contributor

I remember ordering the children's books for my sons many years ago. I think we still have some. I really loved reading to them and the books were a great value. I think 12 or 13 books for under $30.00.

Respected Contributor

I ordered myself some hand tools for little things I do around the house.   I don't do the big stuff of course.  

Found some neat tools today and placed my order.

What I want is a new pretty tool box...Pink with black dots.  

Been thinking about getting a large make-up case, box style which is soft and turn that into my new Pink tool box.  

I have a nice Train Case and I am thinking about turning that into my nice fancy tool box.  

I need a tool for a wing nut....I think I might have found it today and ordered that.

...oh joy, I am going to have a nice tool box full of tiny tools.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Really bad, boring, mundane choices is also saving me tons of $$$ but daily eye time too.  I haven't tuned into see what's going on since one hr of SG last Thursday.  Not much earlier last week either. 

I'm very proud of myself not spending hours each day watching bad, boring mundane stuff here.  The only t ing I've checked is to make sure they rcvd my last most recent returns and I now have my credits.

DONE.

Respected Contributor

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

I remember ordering the children's books for my sons many years ago. I think we still have some. I really loved reading to them and the books were a great value. I think 12 or 13 books for under $30.00.

Do you happen to remember the publisher of these books?  I used to order them for my children, then my grandchildren.  Now I would like to find some for my great grandchildren.  No need to go thru QVC if I can find that publisher.  I know I wouldn't get the same deal, but might find the same books. Loved them, too.