Regular Contributor

Re: On the street where you live

I have lived in my house almost 40 years.

Honored Contributor

We closed this house 16 years ago, exactly tomorrow the 24th.

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

I have lived on this piece of property 61 years; my parents brought me home from the hospital to my grandparents house until they built their house, I left my parents house and moved into my home on my own piece of the original farm.    

That is so nice,you have a history with the land and house.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

About 23 years

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Esteemed Contributor

10 years and 2 months. DH lived here first b/c he built and owned this house since 1995. We met in 1999, and at the time we were each divorced from our previous spouses for a year.

Got married in January of 2007 but I moved here a month before. It is a country development. Before that I lived in the city my entire life. Its safer here but it took me long to adjust to living here due to the driving far to go to stores, Doctors etc. lol. And I find the people here to not be very friendly like the friends I still have since a kid on up from the city!

My husband was raised way out in the country, so hes a country guy. I love the city more. He doesn't even like living in this country development, he wants to live in the middle of nowhere. Something hes thinking about us doing (and trying to convince me of) when he retires is us moving to the middle of nowhere.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

We only lived in 2 homes growing up - the farm until I was 9 then we moved to the inner city. Radical difference. Personally, I like the city better than the farm but as an adult I have  lived in a small suburban commumities and that is my favorite environment. Access to the good things of the city - sports, entertainment, work, shopping etc but not the bad things of the city like crime and traffic etc etc.

Respected Contributor

12 years. 

Honored Contributor

January 12, 2000=17 years

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

40 years - three renovations/additions during that time. Still have our same sweet neighbor across the street!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Super Contributor

Four years in this house, 8 years in the house before this one and 5 years in the one before that.