Honored Contributor

Re: On-line ordering system down again

I feel bad for Lori today. That happened a while ago with another designer's TSV. You would think QVC could do a better job with their website.
Honored Contributor

waving hi to leonard.....thanks for acknowledging the problems!

hopefully everyone is now able to checkout.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I spent my mad money at HSN today. No on-line problems there.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

On 3/28/2015 imaclotheshog said:

ITA. QVC really has the worst website of any I visit or shop with. It's ridiculous. There are frequently problems with signing in, ordering, navigation, etc. You would think they would hire some more competent IT people.

Especially when you consider that companies as large or larger than QVC, seem to be able to run their websites just fine, it makes you realize how bad QVC's is.

I totally agree, imaclotheshog. And I've felt this way since the first day I used the QVC website years ago. It's perplexing to see a company allow sub-par technology, but obviously it's not a priority. All we ever see are apologies. It seems to me if QVC paid attention to consumer feedback they'd be aware of the frustration and see the poor reflection on their company.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

On line at QVC has been down, and the Qvc community forums could also not be accessed.

I know this disaster must have cost Qvc big bucks.

Sent email to Qvc web master and they emailed back and apologized that their web master was aware of the problems, and working to address and resolve them.

Caused me to shop elsewhere today since I could not access Qvc.com or forums at all, and I must say I got great items with free shipping and sales prices too.....Nice to have competition regardless of the reason, especially with great incentives.

So today was a great shopping day for me in any event.

Honored Contributor

It appears everything was okay this afternoon. I was able to sign in and place my order.

Respected Contributor

I've had several problems with this website using Chrome for a few days now. Reviews not showing up on the TSV, but showing up on Firefox, being unable to se "Items recently on Air" and "Item on Air", and some other issues. Makes you wonder just how secure it could be, and if you are really safe ordering online, anyway.

This site has a very long history of being plagued by glitches that seem to take weeks if not months to iron out. In contrast, Apple store was having problems for a brief period just recently. They fixed it in about two hours.

Respected Contributor

It's not only their seeming inability to update/correct these problems, although in this day and age, one would think rapid access to product viewing and ordering definitely affects their bottom line. It's also the products themselves that seem to be stuck in the 20th century.

Today, I ordered three of IMAN's TSV's at an outrageously reasonable price, I tacked on another great deal with two sets of matching tank tops AND while I was viewing their web site, I found a great deal on an LG tracfone for my husband which was twenty dollars cheaper than Q's similar version. All were on easy pay! I was in a spending mode today and I spent it there.{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Trusted Contributor

The worst was having to go to automated ordering because the site was down! I was trying to get out the door for an appt. but thought I should get an order in before what I wanted was gone. OMG so slow! And do you want to also order Item # blah blah also - NO! I was ordering multiple colors, and you have to go through the entire menu for each color, and then again - do you also want to order item # blah blah - I already said NO! The reason you use automated ordering is to get in, get out. Yikes! Wouldn't it just be easy once they have your item and size to ask if you want another color? Ok, I'm done venting!