Honored Contributor

Re: Ok Ladies, what is your Favorite Compression Garment?

Cut out salt!  Now.

Honored Contributor

I do have some jiggle spots but I usually just ignore them and wear regular undergarments.  Comfort first, you know.  But if it's a special occasion,  I might wear a jockey brand shaper that has minimal comtrol in it.  Or if I need to hide my back fat, I'll wear one of those bra/panty camisole things.

Seriously, though.....I have to feel really good to put my comfort aside since I've gotten older.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I have never owned one of those contraptions in my life. I choose to be free of any discomfort...especially during the holidays Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Just....No.

Honored Contributor

I love watching old movies and I've noticed that women from the 30's-70's really looked good in their clothes. Their clothing seemed to fall right over the hips and fall right into place. I also noticed in old family photos the same thing, nice clean lines

My mother was a busty woman and wore a long lined bra and girdle just about everyday and she always had a neat appearance. Last year a cousin of mine was married and her daughter looked horrible in her gown, it wasn't that it was too tight but it showed her rolls through a very beautiful garment. If she had worn some sort of shapewear, she would have looked much better.

As for myself, I wear pantyhose when wearing slacks and spanx when wearing dresses and skirts. (I know I'm in for it now) Woman Wink

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

I used to wear one of these, not that many years ago. It really worked and made a difference. It wasn't all that uncomfortable - I wouldn't/couldn't have worn it if it was.  It was light, and not hot at all. Took forever to do all the little hooks, though! Maidenform Waist Nipper. Not all that expensive either.

IMG_3971.JPG

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

I used to wear one of these, not that many years ago. It really worked and made a difference. It wasn't all that uncomfortable - I wouldn't/couldn't have worn it if it was.  It was light, and not hot at all. Took forever to do all the little hooks, though! Maidenform Waist Nipper. Not all that expensive either.

IMG_3971.JPG

Just a curious question...did you have to undo those hooks everytime you needed to use the bathroom.....with my bladder i would be having tragic accidents before i could get out of this...lol....

Honored Contributor

@circles wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

IMG_3971.JPG

Just a curious question...did you have to undo those hooks everytime you needed to use the bathroom.....with my bladder i would be having tragic accidents before i could get out of this...lol....

@circles, it looks too rigid and hard for my comfort level but as far as the washroom goes, I could see pulling the panty over the corset for easy access.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@circles wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

IMG_3971.JPG

LOL! Heck no. As I recall, I just flipped the part that would rest on undies up and then flipped it back down. It's very flexible. The only rigid part is the thin stays you can see running vertically around every few inches - and they do bend. Also - the photo shows it riding lower than mine did, for sure.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I was going to day Under Armour.

Obviously that's not the type of compression you're looking for.

Carry on!