Honored Contributor

Big names, when sued, are often front page news both in print and live media. When big names win or the litigant drops the lawsuit?  Nowhere to be found in or on any media.

Thus many that think because a big name is sued, and doesn't follow up on the story, brands the big name as guilty. We can thank the death of true journalism for that happening.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

Look, these ladies are young and in great shape.  I am not but when I was their age I wore short, tight skirts with very high heels but I didn't have to worry about what was showing as I was not potentially flashing my bits to a national TV audience.

I had a hard enough time trying to keep it together hiking myself on various bar stools back in the day . . . Smiley Happy

It just bugs me when I see Megyn Kelly and Jeannine Pirro holding their very nice legs together like they were duct taped underneath a plexiglass desk.  THAT is when I have a problem with Fox News.

hahaha, mtc, you gave me a good laugh this afternoon!!

And yes, those plexigalss desks.  Oh, they must use them because they reflect studio light well.

Or something......

Cat Tongue

And to be "fair and balanced" they all use those plexiglass desks but only Fox News for the most part has females on either end of said desk in full view of the cameras.  The other networks seem to have opaque panels that obscure your view from waist down so folks on a given panel can concentrate on getting their points across as opposed to wondering what they may be inadverently exposing to America.

I have seen one of those used on CNN with the very pretty blond anchor - can't think of her name but I remember that she was on that CNN game show where news people were competing in pairs - I remember you watching it - she was teamed up with John Berman (sp?).  Anyhoo, CNN sat her at one of those and it was pretty much like the Megyn Kelly set up if I recall correctly (I don't watch Megyn much, but I remember that desk and the shots of her sitting at it)

That FOX show, The Five, is just blatant, with a leggy anchor at each end.  Or maybe it's just the one on the left now, since Andrea is gone.  I wonder if Dana said, "Hell, no, I'm not doing that"

haha

@QueenDanceALot oh good heavens that had to be Brooke Baldwin as without John Berman (who is quite possibly the smartest guy on the planet in terms of game show questions) they would have been so far below sea level they would have had to call in the paramedics.  That pairing was painful to watch (although I have to say I hope CNN considers continuing those shows as I really enjoyed watching and participating in them).

As for The Five, I do love me some Dana Perino.  I think she is just excellent and as for Kimberly Guilfoyle . . . they just need to get her a different seat at the table as that leg bobbing can get distracting.

Honored Contributor

hckynut wrote:

Big names, when sued, are often front page news both in print and live media. When big names win or the litigant drops the lawsuit?  Nowhere to be found in or on any media.

Thus many that think because a big name is sued, and doesn't follow up on the story, brands the big name as guilty. We can thank the death of true journalism for that happening.

hckynut(john)

When big names win - we hear about it.  When big names settle, confidentiality agreements are signed so of course we don't hear about it. 

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

Let me just say I do not beileve everything I read.  I know that people who hsve money or are in the public eye get sued often it doesn't always mean they did what was printed.  Sometimes it's just better to just go ahead and settle.  I am not talking about roger allies.  He is clearly guilty!   I feel o'reilly is a good man and yes he's divorced but we all know there are 2 sides to every marriage and I am not going to be quick to condem him as I certainly dont know what went on in his marriage .  Does anyone think things do t go on In they other cable news channels??  What about network news,  which I never ever watch they are way to Biased .

....I agree with all of what you said except....I am not sure Allies is 'clearly guilty'....what I find disturbing that these women continue to work at that job, say nothing until they are let go....I am NOT SAYING he is not guilty just saying if they felt harrassed, they should have left their job right away.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

Let me just say I do not beileve everything I read.  I know that people who hsve money or are in the public eye get sued often it doesn't always mean they did what was printed.  Sometimes it's just better to just go ahead and settle.  I am not talking about roger allies.  He is clearly guilty!   I feel o'reilly is a good man and yes he's divorced but we all know there are 2 sides to every marriage and I am not going to be quick to condem him as I certainly dont know what went on in his marriage .  Does anyone think things do t go on In they other cable news channels??  What about network news,  which I never ever watch they are way to Biased .

....I agree with all of what you said except....I am not sure Allies is 'clearly guilty'....what I find disturbing that these women continue to work at that job, say nothing until they are let go....I am NOT SAYING he is not guilty just saying if they felt harrassed, they should have left their job right away.

@Mom2Dogs

@KittyGalore

O'Reilly has been through this before.  Ten years ago he settled a lawsuit with a woman that included nasty suggestions and falafel.  News reports are still available online.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

Working for Fox News and more importantly Roger Ailes is huge in the industry.  He can literally make or break a person's career like no one else so I fully understand why a person would love to work there.

I also understand he has been a very powerful man for many decades and maybe never rounded that corner in terms of what he can and cannot say to woman anymore as he has been omnipotent but it appears the dam has broken and the repercussions have begun.  From my point of view, if there wasn't something there he would still be sitting as head of Fox News.

It's unfortunate that he appeared to continue to play by old school rules as I don't believe this is how he hoped to close out his career.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

In most cases there is nothing that can be done about sexual harassment.  It's usually insidious, it starts out seemingly innocent and escalates until it's almost too late to do anything.

Do you know the history of it?  If women reported it THEY were fired.  So why would they report it?

Why should they as the VICTIM leave their job?  It's the way they make their money, the way they support themselves, and usually they would not get hired elsewhere.

Are you familiar with whistleblower protection laws?  They were developed to protect workers who report illegal violations but it's hard to win a case, the employer usually has all the clout, the money and the lawyers.

Respected Contributor

@Kardi wrote:

I've certainly noticed this trend here.  Remember when female news anchors wore business attire,  like suits?   Now cleavage is the norm and dresses that seem 2 sizes too small.  Lots of skin.  Funny how the men's attire has remained the same.  

I'd like to see some of the more handsome male anchors wearing short pants, sleeveless tops, and plunging necklines!  eyes popping.gif

Respected Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Maybe Ailes can get a gig as a judge on Miss America.

Or would that be Miss Universe?

@QueenDanceALot

He certainly knows some of the right people to get on the Miss Universe panel!!

Respected Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

I think it's disgraceful the way the women are required to dress on news programs.  It's not just faux, it's also on CNN and the other networks as well.

I've "unliked" a few pages of women journalists because of the way they portray themselves.  Why aren't Hannity, Hayes, Blitzer and Cooper in tight pants, shirts unbuttoned to the navel, or in muscle shirts too? (sarcasm)

To all television journalists, stop sexualizing the news, get rid of the glass top tables and (gasp) report the news ad keep your opinions to yourself.

Because they don't want their ratings to end up in the toilet.

Well, maybe Anderson would get a look or two.

But the rest would require a viewer to keep a bucket by their couch.

@QueenDanceALot

I don't know about you, but I'd like me some of that Wolf Blitzer!!