Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

How long before that big mouth O'Reilly gets canned?

@QueenDanceALot I think it depends on how much they can actually pin on him.  I would think at his age he doesn't want to spend any money defending himself for this sort of behavior and would instead opt to "retire" and let Fox pick up the growing tab for this.

I remember quite a long time ago when Lis Wiehl would be on his show and it always looked to me like O'Reilly was planning a grope.

But yeah, I bet he retires too, to spend time with the FAMily.

haha

He can't, his wife divorced him and the kids sided with her.

Oh, dear, well, I'm sure he has another book to write!!

Esteemed Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

I think it's disgraceful the way the women are required to dress on news programs.  It's not just faux, it's also on CNN and the other networks as well.

I've "unliked" a few pages of women journalists because of the way they portray themselves.  Why aren't Hannity, Hayes, Blitzer and Cooper in tight pants, shirts unbuttoned to the navel, or in muscle shirts too? (sarcasm)

To all television journalists, stop sexualizing the news, get rid of the glass top tables and (gasp) report the news ad keep your opinions to yourself.

Because they don't want their ratings to end up in the toilet.

Well, maybe Anderson would get a look or two.

But the rest would require a viewer to keep a bucket by their couch.

Woman LOL

(I think you missed the *sarcasm*)

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Respected Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Maybe Ailes can get a gig as a judge on Miss America.

Or would that be Miss Universe?

Or maybe Miss Ogynist?

@deepwaterdotter

Honored Contributor

Some may cringe at 80's attire but there is a lot to be said about the proper way of dressing for a business meeting.   Alexis would never needed to wear cleavage with mini hem to get what she wanted.

Image result for women business attire in the 80's

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

One of my favorite reporters is Katy Tur and she does not dress like this.  And she's beautiful.  She could do the hoochie thing and make jaws drop but she's way too classy for that.

There are a number of other women who dress modestly and conservatively on air, too.

Honored Contributor

Re: OUTNUMBERED

[ Edited ]

@Noel7 wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Didn't Andrea Tantaros used to be on this show?  Haven't seen her lately.

She is also suing Fox for sexual harassment, especially by Ailes and O'Reilly. I think they took her off the air in retaliation, which actually is an illegal move.

I believe she was off the network long before the sexual harassment was filed.  She wrote a book and according to her contract she was to get the ok from the net work first...I am sure there is more to her being gone but that is what I read.

edited to add: Jenna Lee on Fox News dresses in a very conservative manner as does Dana Perino (spelling?)

Honored Contributor

Nananana59 wrote:

on fox news....anyone else think those gals' dresses are way too short........or am I just old.......

@nana59

What exactly is your acceptable length? You old? Beats me, I know I am old, and I also DVR the show, because I find it information and I also like the format. Seems to me that most of the shows watch show mostly from the waist up.

When the camera pulls away for a break is pretty much tho only time I even see their legs.

I watch shows to keep up with current news. If I want to look at who does and who does not wear your opinion on what dresses that are too short.

I also like seeing who is the "outnumbered" male participant in the discussions.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I don't watch Fox news, but Brooke B on CNN is just as bad, if not worse.  And then when she has a guest, she has to sit on the stool with her dress hiked up to the top of her thighs.   Hard to take her seriously.

Respected Contributor

IMO it speaks to the inequality between the sexes, how men still call the shots, especially in the business world, and how insecure and pathetic a lot of women still are.   Not that I'm reading too much into it ....    :-)

Honored Contributor

John, you obviously missed MKelly last night.    On a tight shot, she looked almost topless-- wearing a dress with skinny straps.   And they always find a way to shoot her from a distance, to show her legs. Why?  Are her legs news?    It's so obvious what Fox is doing, on her show at least.

I work for a large corporation with a strict dress code.   She would have been required to wear something over her shoulders - blazer, cardigan, something.

I've never even seen the legs of our local news anchors!!   Male or female.

Anyway, I'm picking on you tongue-in-cheek.   To each their very own.