Respected Contributor

Re: OMG! the TSV! Today and Other Days!

Honored Contributor

@Winter Holiday wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

Agree.  These plant days are ridiculous.  Has no one ever been to a Home Depot or a garden center?

Thing is I'm not sure what I'm watching and I'm serious about this. I've never caught a q plant show before. These bushes they show are gigantic and the camera zooms in and they look fake and silk. Seriously though are those supposed to BE live plants or they are fake and are just to give customers an idea of what it is supposed to look like.

Don't laugh at me I'm relatively new to tuning in Woman LOL

@Winter Holiday

The plants they show on air are the "grown up" versions of what they send you.  Occasionally they will show you the actual plant you will receive, but for the most part you are seeing the mature plant.  People are often disappointed when they open their boxes to find the baby versions of the plants.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66

Unless you are giving these things as gifts....haha

(See how absurd it would be if we followed QVC's advice!)

My husband worked with a man whose wife had an entire room filled with QVC boxes (unopened).  He told my husband he didn't know what to do...over very little time she had charged over $30 k  in purchases.

I don't order that much anymore, mainly because I am on a constant quest of cleaning out and downsizing.  I feel like we have two of everything, and the

"things" are now driving me crazy.

But, it wasn't that long ago that packages from QVC would arrive, and I would forget I had ordered something.

I'll end with, enjoy your "purchases" (wink wink)!

Honored Contributor

@Susan in California Thanks for the good will!  I am friends with 2 people here outside of the forum.  I have sent one of them different kinds of makeup I've purchased here.

Today I met a mother and daughter at the Drs office.  It was fun talking to them about QVC and HSN purchases.  They were both familiar with all of the QVC stuff I had on (especially the jewelry).  It was fun talking about my Sleeping Beauty rings and bracelets and D&Co clothes, etc.

I have a best friend who also buys things from QVC (she, like me, bought her mattress there).  Sometimes she'll call me and say, "Mary Beth looks so nice today........".

Anyway, no one in my family cares about the money I spend.  My girls talk about all of the stuff they're going to have to sell, move or get rid of, but other than that, it isn't a big deal.

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

As I'm sitting here reading your posts, I'm wearing a D & C plaid vest that I love

(Royal Blue) and Earth Brand Booties in navy.  Haha  so the Q is definitely still in my life.  I enjoy the fashions most of all.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

You are one funny woman. I came across this thread and when I seen you were the author I knew it would be really---------good!

I have a question? Do you remember when you made your first purchase from the Q? What was the date and the item if you can recall. And I feel you will be able to answer this Smiley Happy

I started back on Sept. 13th 1995 and I my first purchase was a set of Gardenia fragrance by Skip and Amanda Boghese. Kathy Levine's birthday was the next day and that's what I remember about the start of my life with the Q. LOL

Honored Contributor

@Leeny You know, I actually can't remember....Here's the thing I will tell you that I remember.  

When my husband was alive we didn't have cable (it was in 2004).  I still loved TV but was busy with running the house and was very, very active, so no cable wasn't a problem.  I'd never heard of QVC or HSN.  I could go in stores and shop.

He was always after me to buy myself some clothes but like most stay at home moms, I gave to everyone and didn't do anything for myself.  He'd say, "Take money and go shopping.  You always wear jeans and polo shirts (stripped)".  Even when my grandchildren drew pictures of me (Grandma) I'd be wearing stripped shirts and jeans in their pictures!  Ha!

So, when he died suddenly in my arms, I decided I could just stop living or I could wake up every day and dress nice (like he wanted).  Well, my bad back got so bad it started to 'side-line' me.  Then my knees got very, very bad.  I still love clothes so QVC and HSN (mainly HSN jewelry and 'stuff') QVC clothes, came in handy.

I haven't worked since my daughter was born (44 years ago) but I never leave the house without full makeup on and fully dressed as if I was going to a job.  

It's my way of dealing with his death.  As soon as I get my knees fixed (very soon) I intend to go back to volunteering and doing things again.  I love, love people.  I think everyone has a story to tell and I enjoy hearing it.  

So, @Leeny that's my plan.  I'm healthy except for my physical limitations (and I hope to remedy that).  

If you hear about a crazy lady dancing in the streets, it'll be me.  I can't wait til I am whole again.

The QVC stuff is just that "stuff" to me.  I give it away all of the time.  

I enjoyed reading about your first purchase.  I do remember how exciting it was to be getting things in the mail.  Kinda like Christmas all of the time.  I still enjoy seeing what's coming and giving it to friends.  My friends never know when they'll get a surprise in the mail.

Honored Contributor

@Leeny One of my early purchases were with Skip and his mom too.  I also like the Gardinia smelling lotion.  When I first saw them I thought they were married!  Ha!  

Respected Contributor

crying with laughter emoticon

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 I knew you were special from the first time I seen your name.

I still have my husband and I am grateful for that. I can't imagine how you dealt with losing yours.  I think you know, my DH fell in December and broke his knee cap. it's been an awful long and miserable winter to say the least.  I won't burden you with all the details, but he also has other health issues. But, like he says, "we're still together" Smiley Happy

I think it's fantastic that you are so giving and you have a great outlook on life. If I hear that song "Dancing In The Street" I will be looking for you and those legs kicking up in the air. 

You sound kind of like me. I have not worked since my last son was born and that is 32 years ago.  When we got cable it was like a miracle. lol. I don't know if my husband thought that, but I did.  QVC and HSN and EVINE and the other shopping channels have gotten me through these past years. I don't buy like I use to, but I still buy of course. 

Again, You are a Very Generous Person and Grama and Friend to Many. 

Take Care!!!