Trusted Contributor

@Cpagal wrote:

I wonder how the hosts feel when they read some of the comments that are written in these blogs about them. Why do people feel they must pick at an action, trait, style etc., of the host and make non-positive comments? It's a form of bullying in my eyes. Please everyone, be kind and know that they are people with feelings too. 

You might consider it bullying, but if it were me I would want to know some action or other issue of mine was problematic so that perhaps I could correct the issue. Obviously on a smaller scale but if you see someone walking around the office with toilet paper attached to their shoe or spinach in their teeth do you ignore it because it would be bullying to mention it to them?  I sure wouldn't ignore it and I certainly would hope that people around me would call it to my attention.   I have said that I don't undersatnd wny some hosts or vendors feel the need to practically scream rather than just talk.  That isn't saying anything bad about the person but is an observation that something they are doing, that could easily be fixed, is irritating.  There is a difference. 

Respected Contributor

@K9buddy wrote:

@Pook wrote:

For those with sinus issues, allergies, etc - there would not be enough sick days to stay home so the only option would be disability which is ridiculous.  OP states "I'm stating a fact as a viewer it's something we shouldn't have to suffer through."  No one is forcing her to "suffer" through anything. She apparantly chooses to keep watching - probably so she can amuse herself by posting this nonsenses!!! 

The OP probably forced herself to "suffer" through the show so that she could find something/someone to complain about. She  defends herself by saying she really, really, really wanted to learn more about the jewelry. Sure. No one here knows the circumstances of why Jill hosted the show while she wasn't feeling well so let's just blame everyone.

That's quite a conclusion you came to.  Why do you feel she has to "defend" herself?  Where does she say she really, really, really wanted to learn more about the jewelry? 

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Respected Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

I can't even listen to her with that drippy nasal condition.  And please don't sniff into the microphone.  UGH!!!

@sparklestar    You have got to be kidding me.  This is all you could think of to post on the boards.  It's amazing.

Honored Contributor

@scotnovel wrote:

@Cpagal wrote:

I wonder how the hosts feel when they read some of the comments that are written in these blogs about them. Why do people feel they must pick at an action, trait, style etc., of the host and make non-positive comments? It's a form of bullying in my eyes. Please everyone, be kind and know that they are people with feelings too. 

You might consider it bullying, but if it were me I would want to know some action or other issue of mine was problematic so that perhaps I could correct the issue. Obviously on a smaller scale but if you see someone walking around the office with toilet paper attached to their shoe or spinach in their teeth do you ignore it because it would be bullying to mention it to them?  I sure wouldn't ignore it and I certainly would hope that people around me would call it to my attention.   I have said that I don't undersatnd wny some hosts or vendors feel the need to practically scream rather than just talk.  That isn't saying anything bad about the person but is an observation that something they are doing, that could easily be fixed, is irritating.  There is a difference. 

If the concern is to want the "offending" host to "correct" the issue that is bothing them then the place to go is the host's facebook page and not to a forum to start a critical post!!!  Toilet paper attached to shoes or spinich in teeth is apples/oranges comparison and ridiculous.  One is something that is definitly a problem and we all would want to know (I'm sure no one would go to social media to post about it hoping the person sees it and removes the tp or spinich) and the other is a nonissue as the complaintant is judging the host based on HER perception of something that needs corrected!!!

Respected Contributor
I don't think they should be on the air when they sound bad. They may feel fine otherwise, but it's not an office job or one where they sit in a cubicle on their own. They talk for a living on national tv. Yes, they can get sick like everyone else, but the viewer shouldn't have to listen to someone with a snotty nose lol.
Honored Contributor

The puzzling thing for me (if it's just nose and not laryngitis) is, why not take a decongestant half an hour before air-time and/or use either prescription or OTC nasal spray 10 min. before air-time? And if it starts to get bad after 45-60 minutes, pan the camera away so the host can go off for a nose blow. Not a biggie. If the host did all of that and it didn't make ANY difference then yep, probably not appropriate to be on air.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all