Respected Contributor

@K9buddy, then how could i possibly hear the vendor????

Wish they would bring back the IGNORE button though.

Trusted Contributor

That certainly is a delimna for you sparkle.  Listen to the vendor or be disgusted by Jill's sniffling.  What to do.  What to do.

Honored Contributor

@K9buddy wrote:

There's always the mute button!

Or changing the channel altogether, which is condusive to saving money, too! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@hopi

You are right, the producer should have stepped up and found a replacement.  I wanted to hear what Scott had to say about Jai jewelry but was distracted with poor Jill's sniffling.  I changed the channel.  It's not fair to Jill or the viewers.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: OMG Jill get a Tissue

[ Edited ]

@cpagal

"I wonder how the hosts feel when they read some of the comments that are written in these blogs about them. Why do people feel they must pick at an action, trait, style etc., of the host and make non-positive comments? It's a form of bullying in my eyes. Please everyone, be kind and know that they are people with feelings too."

C'mon. Hyperbole. So tired of people running with catch phrases without knowing what they mean.  You can't bully someone if you have NO power to affect them. Stating an opinion is not bullying. 

Merriam Webster
bully
: to frighten, hurt, or threaten (a smaller or weaker person) : to act like a bully toward (someone): to cause (someone) to do something by making threats or insults or by using force

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cpagal wrote:

I wonder how the hosts feel when they read some of the comments that are written in these blogs about them. Why do people feel they must pick at an action, trait, style etc., of the host and make non-positive comments? It's a form of bullying in my eyes. Please everyone, be kind and know that they are people with feelings too. 

In the eyes of some, anything other than Kumbaya and Barney is bullying. Having a different opinion and saying so, firmly, more than once, even - gasp! - saying you don't care if others agree, and not backing down - is not bullying.   LOL non-positive comments - that's a new one. A newie but a goody.

Jill capable of being bullied?  The idea of JILL capable of being bullied - by anyone, even in person, is amusing, but comments on a forum?  Bwahaha!

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

QVC has lots of hosts. I think if one is sick, they should quickly find a substitute.

Respected Contributor

They used to have another host on standby in case there is a host that isn't feeling well. Maybe there was no one available.

Jill is a huge trooper. She has had to deal with many very serious outside issues on her shifts, and has carried herself in a very mature way. 

I have respect for her.

Respected Contributor

@K9buddy thank you for you kind concern with my dilemmas, but really should stick to solving your own issues.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I too thought she sounded awful for the short time I watched. Lol, I really don't want to hear someone talking with a snotty nose. I kept thinking that they should have one of their previews or commercials or whatever QVC calls them so that Jill could blow her nose!