Honored Contributor

Nothing Like Spending my Lunch Chasing my Dog!

Today is a beautiful day. I decided to put my dogs outside while I was home at lunch so they could get some sun. One came to the back door and I let him in. I looked around for my girl and didn't see her nor did she come when called.

I walked on our deck and noticed the fence pushed open! {#emotions_dlg.ohmy} I ran to the front door and out on the porch and I could hear her tags so I yelled for her and she came running from the neighbor's garage. However, she took off past me in the other direction.

I ran back into the house to grab some kind of food to lure her and took off running after her, hotdogs in hand. I was in a dress, 4" heels and tights. Lovely. Part way up the street I kicked off my heels and left them in the middle of the sidewalk and took off in an all out sprint. She was at the last house on our street before you head through trees to a shopping area, when a dog in the fenced yard caught her attention and she stopped.

Luckily I was able to grab her. But in my haste, I forgot to grab a leash. I had to hold on to her collar all the way home and she's a little shorty. I grabbed my shoes on the way home and into the house we went. I was exhausted!

Turns out a company showed up to spray our lawn and they were the culprits in this! {#emotions_dlg.mad} I was not happy but I'm just glad I was able to get her. I have no idea what would have happened had she made it to the shopping center.