Occasional Contributor

Not sleeping tonight---health test tomorrow

I'm trying to hold my anxiety in check tonight as I wait for a CT scan in the morning. I had an MRI of my back today, because I have had back pain for years, and the doctor called quickly thereafter. Not a good sign. My back is bad----but he glossed quickly over that. It appears that "something", they don't know what, was found around or in my right kidney and pelvic area. Since the MRI wasn't designed to focus on those areas, I need a CT to get more information. My doctor says there are many possibilities, but he admitted his concern that I have ovarian cancer. If I do, it would have to be metastasized, given the appearance in the kidney.

I'm 55 years old, engaged to be married for the first time to a wonderful man with a 12 year old son with special needs that I have been helping to raise. I surely want to live and have much to live for.

I've talked with a few of you folks on the widow's thread, as my mother died of breast cancer 19 months ago. I don't want my Dad to have to go through something so horrible again.

I generally am a private person, but this type of anxiety really does a number on me. I'm hoping and praying that it will turn out to be a mistake or something that I can beat.