Respected Contributor

Re: Nordstrom $85 Wrapped Stone...?

Ha - I saw that.

It's crazy what people will sell and even craizer what people will buy.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

Well, you know, at least it is solidly made. 

Shoekitty said

yup, rock solid!

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

I guess I am the only one who knows who the artist is.  Lol.  He is a pretty well known artisan if that helps. 

@shoekitty

Cool that you know who the artist is.  I checked out the website...you're right, there are some pretty items. 

"Though the pouch is cut and created by Made Solid, an L.A.-based leather product company, a Nordstrom rep told BuzzFeed “only Mother Earth can take credit for rocks.” So to be clear, the rocks came from the ground.

Co-founder of Made Solid Peter Maxwell told Cosmopolitan.com the wrap (which is a collaboration with artist Cristy Pitoc) has become one of the company’s most popular items since its 2014 creation and that this is the second time it’s been featured at Nordstrom, “the first to garner this much attention though.”

Respected Contributor

Another version  of the "Pet Rock"Woman LOL

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@shoekitty wrote:

I guess I am the only one who knows who the artist is.  Lol.  He is a pretty well known artisan if that helps. 

@shoekitty

Cool that you know who the artist is.  I checked out the website...you're right, there are some pretty items. 

"Though the pouch is cut and created by Made Solid, an L.A.-based leather product company, a Nordstrom rep told BuzzFeed “only Mother Earth can take credit for rocks.” So to be clear, the rocks came from the ground.

Co-founder of Made Solid Peter Maxwell told Cosmopolitan.com the wrap (which is a collaboration with artist Cristy Pitoc) has become one of the company’s most popular items since its 2014 creation and that this is the second time it’s been featured at Nordstrom, “the first to garner this much attention though.”

@sidsmom

He's cute too.  Young pup I think.  Lol.  I wonder how it will sell? Curious.  I know I wouldnt bite.  Lots of rock on the East side of los Angeles hills.  I am having these flashes of them knocking a piece of rock out causing an stone avalanche spilling onto the 5, or the 405.  Oh dear.

Esteemed Contributor

If someone were to gift me an $85 rock, it had better be the down payment on the rock in the 14K band.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

I heard this rock being discussed on this morning's radio show that I tune into.....they said that if you paid $85 for it, you should use it to hit yourself in the head...perhaps knock some sense into it. 

Went to a Nordstoms today....didn't see this!

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Absolutely rediculous...people who would even consider such a purchase must have nothing better to do with their money.  Why not give it to charity or help a family member or friend in need??  I don't get it......

Regular Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

I guess I am the only one who knows who the artist is.  Lol.  He is a pretty well known artisan if that helps.  I wouldnt pay for the product as I wouldnt need any more junk.  But i do like the leatherwork  and the way the stone is shaped.  I guess it could be used as a paper weight or thrown through a politicians window.  Just sayin

besides all that, he is really good looking.

hmmmm, I hope that climbing rock in Griffith Park is still there.  

@shoekittyThat gave me a laugh..especially about the "politician"....and G..D knows i could use a good laugh....

Respected Contributor

I didn't go for the rock-in-a-pouch, but I got a few nice stocking stuffers from that pop-up Nordie's shop. 

Did anyone else go for the little pouch with the wide-eyed tabby kitten on it?  It is perfect for my cat-person niece, whose boyfriend is allergic to pets.  I got the pink baseball cap with a unicorn on it for moi.