Valued Contributor

No more fashion rules but, has anyone seen white pants in Mexico in November?

I am traditional in my fashion and tend to stick to the old rules so, thinking "out of the box" is a challenge for me.  What do you think of white after Labor Day in a warm climate?

Respected Contributor

Re: No more fashion rules but, has anyone seen white pants in Mexico in November?

I'm pretty traditional too, but I say... DEFINITELY!!!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Respected Contributor

Re: No more fashion rules but, has anyone seen white pants in Mexico in November?

If it's warm out, I don't have a problem with white after Labor Day.  

Most people are not following those rules anymore 

Respected Contributor

The "rule" has its roots in climates that become messy and wet in the fall and winter months.  White clothes become too dirty in slush and rain.

What was done for practicality over time became a "rule".  IMO it's outdated. Wear what you like-especially in a warm climate.

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

Haven't checked what they're wearing in Mexico in November, but if I were in a warm climate I'd wear white pants.

I don't think people follow those "no white after Labor Day" rules anymore.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shy bobcat wrote:

I am traditional in my fashion and tend to stick to the old rules so, thinking "out of the box" is a challenge for me.  What do you think of white after Labor Day in a warm climate?

@shy bobcat wrote:

As far as this rule goes, I'm not and never have been a white pants person. But, I always was of the opinion for myself, if I made the money, I could spend it how I wanted to and wear what I wanted to. I agree to with the others, it's not a rule any longer. Of all the rules in life thrown out the window, I'm sure this was one.

Esteemed Contributor

REMEMBER  - Mexico is not the USA and Labor Day here and it's 'traditional' rules are and were only for Americans and Americans of certain socio-economic levels.  Around the world the 'rules' don't apply.  Other countires have their Labors Day at different times of the year.  The idea of linen, flax, white cotton, and light colors are for the brethability of the fabrics in warm temps.  We have AC now. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

I'm wearing white ankle pants today.

I'm not in Mexico, I am in the U.S.A., the weather is sunny and warm, and its not past Labor Day.

Whew, I'm safe!

Trusted Contributor

I know that rule is old school and doesn't apply anymore, but it is so ingrained in me that I just can't wear white pants after Labor Day.  I have progressed to the point of being able to wear white tops.

Honored Contributor

I wear lots of white every December in the Dominican.

IMHO...White in the Caribbean (of which Mexico has a share of) is a year round color!

If I were ever lucky enough to even live in FL...I would wear white year round.

For me, it is more of a weather issue since I live in the Northeast.  I will wear open toe shoes and white until the snow and slush hit!