Esteemed Contributor

Re: No more fashion rules but, has anyone seen white pants in Mexico in November?

[ Edited ]

I fall into the no white pants and shoes after Labor Day camp. To me, it is just my way of honoring a different time, when these type of rules mattered - when people dressed up for occasions and respected how they presented themselves. I certainly know that white is now acceptable and I certainly do not look down on anyone wearing white. It's just my old-fashioned nod to a simpler time. My co-worker - who grew up in California - is more serious about it than I am and her daughters think she's crazy.

That being said, I bend the rules for the tropics. So, to answer the OP, I would absolutely wear to Mecico!

Honored Contributor

Re: No more fashion rules but, has anyone seen white pants in Mexico in November?

'White is Right'..........in warm climates.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

p.s.  We used to wear Winter White wool coats, etc. in Fall/Winter.  Remember?  (A hundred years or so ago)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

To me, the reason for no white is as much as what mother nature is doing as simply a rule.  In spring and summer, the light is brighter, the greens and pastels of grass and flowers is coming out, and the bright whites match the sun and the plants around us.

In fall and winter, the light is dimmer, more filtered during much of the day, the colors soften to grays, browns, and warmer tones, and the bright whites just look out of place with the landscape and the light.  It sticks out like a sore thumb.  Therefore, we go to ivory, warmer muted tones like golds rather than yellows, navy rather than aqua, maroon and burgundy rather than pink. . . etc. etc.  Not a hard and fast thing, but in general, to me it just looks better to blend in with nature. 

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

For me, it is more of a weather issue since I live in the Northeast.  I will wear open toe shoes and white until the snow and slush hit!

@RespectLife

When I lived up north, my motto was:  Show your toes until it snows!  LOL!

@MacDUFF

LOL !!   I love it!

Can I steal that motto?