Valued Contributor

Did any of you have to change your nickname ?

Honored Contributor

I didn't have to change my name, but voluntarily did so once.

Honored Contributor

I did not change my nickname; I just put in my regular nickname and I got right in. 

Respected Contributor

it kept asking for mine, so i just kept trying.  it took about 4 times until i got in.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, back around Dec. 2008 people on the forums decided that it would be cute to change their nics to Christmas themed nic.  That ended messing up the system. So a lot of people had to change their nics.

Respected Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

Yes, back around Dec. 2008 people on the forums decided that it would be cute to change their nics to Christmas themed nic.  That ended messing up the system. So a lot of people had to change their nics.

okayyyyyyy...... history lesson...lol       but we're discussing it now because when some of us signed on today, we were treated like new forum members and asked the screen instructed us to choose a nickname.  I suppose some people did.  I didn't want a new nick and I assumed it was yet another glitch in the system.  I just endered my regular nickname and got in fine.   

Honored Contributor

@hovis

You're not the first person I heard from today who had to do that.  I'm sorry if you had to change yours.  Every once in a while this system malfunctions and tries to get me to change mine - I just leave it alone for a while and then am able to get back in under my nickname.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@qbetzforreal wrote:

okayyyyyyy...... history lesson...lol       but we're discussing it now because when some of us signed on today, we were treated like new forum members and asked the screen instructed us to choose a nickname.  I suppose some people did.  I didn't want a new nick and I assumed it was yet another glitch in the system.  I just endered my regular nickname and got in fine.   

I have had that happen to me in the past, but I waited it out. They have been tinkering for a while. I would clear browser cache, etc, use a different browser, or wait several hours. If that doesn't work, wait a few hours and try again. When it happened to me I just quit trying, and was able to sign in as ususl 2-3 hours later.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

For some reason, when I post reviews, I am listed as Annonymous & not my nickname.  I called CS & they told me I have to create a new nickname or it will continue on as such.  I have been purchasing from Q for many many years & posting on the forum as well.  Why would have to change my nickname I have had for as many years?!?  What's up with that?!?  

Respected Contributor

Yesterday I was asked repeatedly to enter a new nickname.  I tried entering my current and a new one.  I would get the same message - 'system not available.'  I finally wrote to customer service and now can log in without problem.