Honored Contributor

Re: Nick Cannon and Mariah Carey Headed for Divorce?

If you are treating someone like garbage and they cheat on you because of it, I think you've already committed the ultimate betrayal. Don't the vows say to love and honor?

I say don't judge until you've walked in their shoes.

Honored Contributor

On 8/21/2014 sidsmom said:
On 8/21/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:
On 8/21/2014 straykatz said:

Major DIVA....however....that doesn't excuse cheating!

We don't know the circumstances or status of their relationship.

I really don't understand the immediate condemnation of anyone who cheats.

They might be a total dirtbag and they might not be bad at all.

If they are then according to stats, over 50% of the married population are terrible people.

ITA. For all we know, they could've had an Open Marriage & she refused to get divorced...but boundaries might have changed & it's called 'cheating' & divorce is now an option.

Right. Who knows what went on between them?

Honored Contributor

On 8/21/2014 straykatz said:

I've been cheated on in the past.....and I'll be the first to admit it takes 2 to make it and 2 to break it but at least have the decency to part ways before cheating....that's all I have to say because in my opinion it takes a pretty low person to sleep with another person and then go home and crawl in bed with their spouse.

I totally agree. I don't understand cheating. Why not just leave the relationship.

I too have always heard that Mariah was a major diva.

Her shows on HSN were so over the top, it actually came across as silly. She didn't last long on there either.

Honored Contributor

ITA. For all we know, they could've had an Open Marriage & she refused to get divorced...but boundaries might have changed & it's called 'cheating' & divorce is now an option.

If it's an open marriage, then it's not cheating. Had they had an open marriage, it would have been all over everywhere that he or she were out and about with other women/men. These are high profile people. Something like that isn't going to be kept under the rug.

If he never filed for divorce, how could she refuse? Maybe she wouldn't voluntarily agree to a divorce but there is the option for him to just file for a divorce.

Honored Contributor

On 8/21/2014 LipstickDiva said:

If it's an open marriage, then it's not cheating. Had they had an open marriage, it would have been all over everywhere that he or she were out and about with other women/men. These are high profile people. Something like that isn't going to be kept under the rug.

If he never filed for divorce, how could she refuse? Maybe she wouldn't voluntarily agree to a divorce but there is the option for him to just file for a divorce.

Maybe he just cheated on her because she treated him like garbage. To stick it to her.

I don't know. We don't know.

People do all kinds of things to each other in marriage. Cheating is just one of them.

Honored Contributor

Just an aside but there are many men, and some women, who just like the thrill of a having a new partner and have zero interest in divorcing their spouse. Most cheating men do not leave the wife for the other woman.

Honored Contributor

On 8/21/2014 tansy said:

Just an aside but there are many men, and some women, who just like the thrill of a having a new partner and have zero interest in divorcing their spouse. Most cheating men do not leave the wife for the other woman.

Good point.

I think there are LOTS of them out there.

Esteemed Contributor

I really expect she is no picnic to live with. That does not excuse cheating. However, that is the first thing I thought of, I just could not help it.

Trusted Contributor

I would never expect for her to put up with cheating...but let's face it, she's probably not such a great person to live with....Miss Diva.

Honored Contributor

Shame...they have the cutest kids.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**