Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nichole Kidman

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@SeaMaiden. Since TV & movie screens add 15-20 lbs., all actresses probably stay that thin. Also designers only send sample size clothes for them to wear/borrow...size 2. 

I just read an article about Bryce Dallas Howard buying her Golden Globes dress from Neiman Marcus off the rack @Shanus. She is a size 6 and she said being a size 6 she may only get one option, so she chooses to buy off the rack that way she has several options. Sad, isn't it?

This was her quote at a different awards show, which she got her own dress for that one too. 

"I've alluded to this a little bit before, but when you're not a sample size or if you don't have a direct relationship with a designer or if you don't have a lot of notice—those size 6 dresses aren't available," Howard said on the Critics' Choice red carpet, while wearing a jersey Balmain dress that she bought online at Forward by Elyse Walker for $1,300. "I like having lots of options for a size 6 as, opposed to maybe one option."

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201. Many actresses are not size 2, but those that want the "pick of the litter" of designer dresses do stay quite thin. It's sad that size 6 is considered not desirable, right?

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Irshgrl31201. Many actresses are not size 2, but those that want the "pick of the litter" of designer dresses do stay quite thin. It's sad that size 6 is considered not desirable, right?

I know, it is crazy @Shanus

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

She doesn't interest me at all, she seems like a strange person. I can't imagine adopting 2 children and then just moving away and never hardly seeing them again.

Tom Cruise spent considerable time and effort (and probably big $$) to turn the two children he and Kidman adopted against her because she left Scientology. The kids were raised in it completely and don't want anything to do with her because of this. She tried multiple times, especially as they got older and you would think not so much under his thumb but it didn't work. They are dyed-in-the-wool Scientologists and despise her because she got out. She finally gave up with them. Katie Holmes got out early enough that Suri was safe, she hasn't been indoctrinated - and it appears Tom has given up trying to get his claws into her.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

She doesn't interest me at all, she seems like a strange person. I can't imagine adopting 2 children and then just moving away and never hardly seeing them again.

Tom Cruise spent considerable time and effort (and probably big $$) to turn the two children he and Kidman adopted against her because she left Scientology. The kids were raised in it completely and don't want anything to do with her because of this. She tried multiple times, especially as they got older and you would think not so much under his thumb but it didn't work. They are dyed-in-the-wool Scientologists and despise her because she got out. She finally gave up with them. Katie Holmes got out early enough that Suri was safe, she hasn't been indoctrinated - and it appears Tom has given up trying to get his claws into her.

I don't think people realize what lengths Scientologists went to to keep her away from those children and how everyone that was around those children spoke about Nicole. Leah Remini spoke about that on her show. Nicole tried very hard to remain in their lives but she didn't stand a snowballs chance in h#*(!

JFK
Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus, I agree with this!  Many, of them are not size 2.  This makes more sense to me.  Still begs the question how those who are larger get designers to dress them.  I'm familiar with some who have stated publicly that "mainstream" designers won't dress them.  Maybe they are getting off the rack.

Melissa McCarthy is just one out of many.  I'm not referring necessarily to plus size actresses.  I'm referring to those actresses who are not the model size two.

Sounds like they too have their worries like the rest of us trying to look good.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus, I agree with this!  Many, of them are not size 2.  This makes more sense to me.  Still begs the question how those who are larger get designers to dress them.  I'm familiar with some who have stated publicly that "mainstream" designers won't dress them.  Maybe they are getting off the rack.

Melissa McCarthy is just one out of many.  I'm not referring necessarily to plus size actresses.  I'm referring to those actresses who are not the model size two.

Sounds like they too have their worries like the rest of us trying to look good.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/fash-track/oscar-fashion-size-2-83038

JFK
Esteemed Contributor
Saroo's mum Sue said that she felt an instant affinity with Nicole. A real bonding. Nicole said the same.

I had to laugh when she said that she was a lot more stylish than how the film portrayed her, especially the hair.

Both lovely women with so much in common.

If you haven't seen Lion please do. What a story. The book is awesome.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Entertainers who are not size 2

Kate Upton

Liv Tyler

Christina Hendricks

Beyonce Knowles

Jennifer Hudson (before and after)

Jennifer Lopez

Sofia Vegarra

Salma Hayek

Jessica Simpson

Tocorra Jones

Leslie Jones

Kirstie Alley

Whitney Thompson\

America Ferrera

Crystal Renn

Mindy Kaling

Kate Dillon

Viola Davis

Loretta Devine

Octavia Spencer

Jordan Sparks

Amy Schumer

Tina Fey

Katy Perry

Lena Dunham

Kelly Clarkson

Demi Lovato

Kate Winslet

Tyra Banks

Gabrielle Sidoway

Katy Perry

Niki Minaj

Mariah Carey

Serena Williams

Many designers will make clothing up to at least a size 8!

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@seaBreeze wrote:

I wonder why her and Tom's marriage did not survive?   And Tom's last wife left him.  I wonder what's wrong with this man?  (I know it's a discussion about Nicole, but I had to ask).

Just my guess in this, but he's part of that religious group, that's been on t.v. lately that that actress is doing a show on it: Scientology. Feel free to fill in the blanks. Names are 0 this early.