Honored Contributor

Big Little Lies, starring Nicole Kidman, is premiering tonight!  Liking it so far. On HBO, but I'm watching it on amazon prime. 

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

Big Little Lies, starring Nicole Kidman, is premiering tonight!  Liking it so far. On HBO, but I'm watching it on amazon prime. 

Filmed in our neck of the woods. I wished I had stumbled on them shooting but I never did.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@september wrote:

Filmed in our neck of the woods. I wished I had stumbled on them shooting but I never did.

there was an open casting call for extras, but I had just had a biopsy on my face and had a great big dressing on it that day!  I did see many of the sets during the time they were filming.  Watched tonight on Prime...stunning outdoor scenery.

Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@lulu2 wrote:

I first saw Nicole Kidman in Dead Calm and really liked her.  Over the years I've seen her many times and never thought she lived up to the hype.  There is something about her voice, particularly American accent, I do not care for.  I did love the movie Lion, but any number of actresses could have played her relatively minor, supporting role.

Most stars are tabloid fodder.  She and her husband are featured frequently.  Stories abound discussing his cheating, his drug use and her overall bi**hiness.  I'm sure the truth is colored but never the less if these were outright lies, you'd think there be some law suits.

I liked her as a red head and agree she usually looks a bit over botoxed.  More often than not, she's high on my (not that it matters) worst dressed at red carpet events.

The reason a thread was created discussing Nicole Kidman at this time is because of comments she made to a reporter about her point of view on politics.

This thread was not started to discuss Nicole Kidman's political views.  Post after post comment on her looks, her acting, her marriages, Scientology, size 2 in Hollywood and dressing actresses.

Why single out my post?

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

the two movies that i liked nicole kidman in were absence of malice (with alec baldwin.....lots of twists and turns) and eyes wide shut (bizarre, but oddly fascinating....she did this one with tom cruise.)

I would have to add Dead Calm and  the kind of scary movie that took place in England, and she was a mom to two children, oh it was so good and she was fantastic in it..I will think of the name and come back and edit my post......

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

the two movies that i liked nicole kidman in were absence of malice (with alec baldwin.....lots of twists and turns) and eyes wide shut (bizarre, but oddly fascinating....she did this one with tom cruise.)

I would have to add Dead Calm and  the kind of scary movie that took place in England, and she was a mom to two children, oh it was so good and she was fantastic in it..I will think of the name and come back and edit my post......

It was called The Others, she was excellent in that movie as well...Overall I really like her in movies, I also recenlty saw her in two older movies that I really liked her in, one was with Sean Penn(The Interpretor) and the other was with Daniel Craig, and it was a Sci-Fi type movie......

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@Wsmom wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@seaBreeze wrote:

I wonder why her and Tom's marriage did not survive?   And Tom's last wife left him.  I wonder what's wrong with this man?  (I know it's a discussion about Nicole, but I had to ask).

There is an easy answer for that -- one which may start heated discussions and cause the thread to be closed.  But I will tell you that Leah Rimini has done a series of specials on that topic.

If I'm not mistaken it was his first wife who brought him into Scientology.  But agreed, clearly that is an issue with the marriages.

As far as Nicole Kidman, I agree that she is a beautiful woman with gorgeous skin.  She does, however, have a tendency to overdo on the Botox. 

That could very well be -- then two failed marriages after that one.  If I am not mistaken, Tom got custody of the two adopted kids he got with Nicole -- or at least they stayed with Tom.  They may have been way too far into Scientology to leave and go with Nicole, who was not into that.

I did a lot of research on why Nicole didn't get the kids as I was so surprised. Final answer I came up with.. She said she was threatened by Scientology. She said she was so scared, she dropped all objections and kept a low profile for awhile.

Well then that makes sense.  Thank you for posting that.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Re: Nichole Kidman

[ Edited ]

I think she's excellent in every acting role.  I've never seen her give a poor performance.  She seems highly skilled, and she is probably just a private person.

I do think she was threatened by those cray cray Scientologists.  I do not think she walked away from those children.  She more than likely was deemed a "supressive person", and the children may not want to see her due to that cult they are a part of.

ETA:

I also think she is beautiful.  My husband thinks she is very pretty too!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

One of my scary favorites is Nicole Kidman in "The Others".  Even knowing what it's about I still get serious chill bumps.

Last picture I saw of she and Keith, both looked like they'd had either serious botox or face work done.  Wish they'd stay away from all that and let their natural beauty come through but I guess a little help never hurts but still.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

I like her fine as an actor but I never found her attractive.   She does have an interesting, and unique, look.

I think one thing that really bothered me that I cannot seem to get out of my head was a statement she made after she got divorced from TC.    She said 'well at least now I can wear heels again'.   Then I thought it was hilarious that she ended up with that guy who is even shorter than TC.    The way she said that was so snarky, and that's why it told me more about her than the whole rest of the situation.    Maybe it was just a well-deserved vent as I cannot imagine the horror of going through all that cult stuff.

I am looking forward to the new show.  I think it might have recorded last night, so I haven't seen the first episode yet.