Respected Contributor
I don't understand why some long threads don't adjust to having newest post on page one and oldest on last page? I was just in Beauty category and nail polish thread was over 200 pages with oldest first. Maybe I need to "adjust" something on my computer or maybe it's a moderator thing. Any advice appreciated since it would save time and aggravation.
Honored Contributor

Re: Newest post First

[ Edited ]

That can be changed in your own settings. Each poster can elect to see all their thread posts (not just "long" ones) newest first. I've had mine set that way from the beginning.

My settings
Preferences
Linear layout settings

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor
Can that be done on mobile phone?
Honored Contributor

@Twins Mom

It will show the newest first if you are signed in

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

That can be changed in your own settings. Each poster can elect to see all their thread posts (not just "long" ones) newest first. I've had mine set that way from the beginning.

My settings
Preferences
Linear layout settings

I've been trying for weeks to adjust my settings and it won't let me, just a continuous loop of sign-ins that keeps on taking me to my order page...

Honored Contributor

I like the O/P's original post first, but it sometimes doesn't work that way, so I have to go back to the very first headliner post. Just to see what the O/P had to say and/or ask to begin with. Maybe I'll check my preferences again, just to make sure they are still set the same way that I chose.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

My settings
Preferences
Linear layout settings

I've been trying for weeks to adjust my settings and it won't let me, just a continuous loop of sign-ins that keeps on taking me to my order page...

I (and others) have had that a time or two lately. Report it to the mods in the Customer Care forum - tell them what device and what OS and browser you're using and about the "loop." They fixed mine.

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

I like the O/P's original post first, but it sometimes doesn't work that way, so I have to go back to the very first headliner post. Just to see what the O/P had to say and/or ask to begin with. Maybe I'll check my preferences again, just to make sure they are still set the same way that I chose.

If you have it set to "Newest First" it's supposed to take you to the first UNREAD post in a NEW thread that you haven't viewed before, but it doesn't ever. I have to go back myself.

Honored Contributor

@NativeJax wrote:
Can that be done on mobile phone?

That I don't know. I'm on an iPad, always ask it to show me the "Full" (desktop) version, and I can do it from there. Don't use the mobile version.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

My settings
Preferences
Linear layout settings

That is a joke. I just tried it and I guess I had to sign in 3 times while waiting for preferences to show. It never did. I got everything else, tho, including my last social posts which I don't do and don't have. It was like jabberwocky, the whole thing. 

On posts with many pages, I would like very much to know, "what's the question?'' so I have to find the very first OP post and so I go to the the last page, so they take me to the middle of the posts instead of the very first post. These forums have a mind of their own. They do what they want, not what you want. Very frustrating.