Trusted Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

One favorite treat of mine, this time of year, but I don't know where all you can find them, is the Ghirardelli Squares in the Pumpkin Spice Caramel flavor.

I'm not even all that much for caramel, but it's pumpkin caramel and it is better than I could have ever dreamed.  I ended up ordering some from Amazon the last couple of years.   I probably paid too much there, but I figure it's worth it because they are so good and I can put them in a Lock & Lock in the refrigerator and they stay fresh for a really long time.

Don't know if they have them this year but I found those last year at Target.  They were yummy.

Honored Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

Are you talking about Peppermint Jo Jo's? Or is this something else I need to try? 

I think these are called Candy Cane Jo Jo's. Cookies are chocolate with a real candy cane cream filling, you can taste and feel tiny candy cane pieces in there.

Trusted Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

One favorite treat of mine, this time of year, but I don't know where all you can find them, is the Ghirardelli Squares in the Pumpkin Spice Caramel flavor.

I'm not even all that much for caramel, but it's pumpkin caramel and it is better than I could have ever dreamed.  I ended up ordering some from Amazon the last couple of years.   I probably paid too much there, but I figure it's worth it because they are so good and I can put them in a Lock & Lock in the refrigerator and they stay fresh for a really long time.

Thanks CB!

I am going to look for these, they would make a great addition to the assortment of gifts I put together for my mother & in-laws, I like adding unique food goodies...and for myself also, of course

Have a great day!!!! 

Honored Contributor

AnnMarie-1 wrote:

chickenbutt wrote:

Thanks CB!

I am going to look for these, they would make a great addition to the assortment of gifts I put together for my mother & in-laws, I like adding unique food goodies...and for myself also, of course

Have a great day!!!! 

Hi Ann Marie!  Always nice seeing ya.  Smiley Happy     The Ghirardelli Squares come in quite a number of flavors and you mostly see them this time of year.  There are milk chocolate ones (my fav), white chocolate, and dark chocolate.  The one this time of year with the peppermint are also good.

I first found out about them because somebody was always bringing a huge amount of them to my husband's office, every year, and he would bring me a handful of them home.  It's always a great variety and a couple of years ago the pumpkin caramel ones showed up.  I remember thinking - meh.  But when I tried it I was hooked!  

Happy day, my dear!

Honored Contributor

I don't really like Oreo's.

Anything coconut I go crazy for.

Honored Contributor

brii wrote:

I don't really like Oreo's.

Anything coconut I go crazy for.

Count me in for coconut!!   A good friend of mine sent me this most divine coconut cake from an East Coast bakery and some of THE most amazing ice creams (coconut cream and toasted coconut almond) from Santa Barbara, last week for my birthday.   I've been in coconut heaven for almost a week now.  Smiley Happy

I would not want to live in a world without coconut!

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt, Happy Belated Birthday.  What a thoughtful friend!

I always make a coconut cake for Christmas. 

Honored Contributor

Thank You, Brii!  That is very kind.  Smiley Happy

I bet your coconut cake is delightful!  Smiley Happy   My friend, who sent me the amazing coconut confections, is also a major coconut lover like us.   I have another good friend who positively hates coconut as much as we love it.   

I saw a commercial for Almond Joy earlier this morning and was practically drooling!  Smiley Happy    If you love coconut and you love ice cream, you might want to check out this place in Santa Barbara (they ship!) called McConnell's.  That is the brand of ice creams she sent me and I'm hooked for life already!

Trusted Contributor

Re: New Trader Joe Cookie

[ Edited ]

OK, Chickenbutt, you now have me thinking about coconut, I love  coconut!...problem with me is I love all food, I am not fussy...I am going to check out that ice cream, yum, what a TERRRIFIC friend you have!

I looked all over for that Ghirardelli pumpkin caramel squares today, 3 drug stores, Target, Walmart & a grocery store...nada!...SOOO...I ordered a pouch on Amazon, was easy to spend $35.00 to get free shipping...I will let you know what I think when I get them

Trusted Contributor

Re: New Trader Joe Cookie

[ Edited ]

OMG, those McConnell's ice cream flavors look amazing chickenbutt, YUM!!!

Edited to add the shipping to New York state is more than than cost of the ice cream, wow, expensive, lucky you to receive such an aweome gift!