Respected Contributor

Regarding NJ drivers, I learned to drive in NJ.  My grandfather taught me in thd old Ford station wagon in the Vo-Tech high school parking lot!   I don't see driving in NJ as any different than any other place.  If you're driving in busy urban areas, it's all the same.  Smiley Happy

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

Ford, don't give the columnist a second thought.   You and so many other posters, who KNOW Jersey, described the great state we live in.   I would not want to live anywhere else.

Is any state perfect? No! 

There are many polls being taken because of the upcoming elections.   Jersey has more of a spotlight on it because of Gov. Christie running for POTUS.  If anyone thinks he represents Jersey, and I don't just mean his politics, they are woefully mistaken. 

I know you feel the same way I do, dmod, and I was hoping you would see this post.  I can't believe how emotional I was when I saw that hateful headline! 

You are so right, Christie doesn't speak for me either, and I don't believe his lies.  I think it's despicable that his staff is going to jail for things he did.  Despite his bravado, he lacks character. 

Well, we love our state and always will. 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

Today being a special day here in NYC I would like to add the envyWoman Very Happy could also come from the fact that  4 of the 5 goals scored the other night came from Carli Lloyd and Tobin Heath! Two awesome girls from the Garden State.

HEAR!! HEAR!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

Thought you had a better sense of humor, JSS.  ;-) 

Most of us Jersey babes let that kind of stuff roll right off our back.  sunglasses.gif (19×19)

b041248ee97aefd5632a9ed1ffb6ce20.jpg (150×150)

You're right of course, JSS.  I'm supposed to have a thicker skin.  But I got really emotional!!  I think "hate" is such a horrible word.  I might not have been as upset had it been a different word!  I was born here and I will die here. 

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

New Jersey:

Where you can still get your gas pumped by an attendent

Cheap gas prices

No tax on clothes

Right on!!  I think people pumping their own gas is very dangerous and I wouldn't have done it even when I was young. 

And our gas is always the cheapest, right about that too!!

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

@RealQuiet wrote:

......don't forget NJ has the best blueberries!

I live on Long Island and won't buy blueberries unless they are packaged in New Jersey Smiley Happy

And corn, tomatoes, and cranberries!!

Formerly Ford1224
Respected Contributor

Hi, Lilac Tree,  Well, Bruce Springsteen doesn't hate it.  You folks have the best poet-laureate.

New Jersey has beautiful beaches, the gentle countryside of the Princeton area, and wonderful farms as well as great upscale suburbs.

A downside is the smoke billowing out of various industrial sites along the Turnpike in the Elizabeth area.  Maybe that's the public relations problem.  But perhaps many Americans are just put off by the idea of middle and working class people flourishing.  Their loss, not New Jersey's. 

I am not from there, but am from a gritty working-class town in MA; I like it there and I like New Jersey in all its aspects, except maybe those industrial areas along the Jersey Turnpike.   One sign of a great place is great diners, and everyone knows that New Jersey has the best diners.

Esteemed Contributor

I did not see that post on FB but on the TV  news yesterday ,they said NJ ranks lowest of all the states . What they said they ranked low in, I do not remember but it was almost everything.  Good work Gov Christy!!!!.  NOT!!!!

I am a Jersey girl all the way!

Esteemed Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

They are notoriously bad drivers...but I don't hate the state.

ETA... and RUDE!

http://www.trentonian.com/opinion/20150707/jeff-edelstein-most-americans-hate-new-jersey-most-americ...

Hi esme, Smiley Happy

Just wondering how much time  you've spent in Jersey  and where,  to know and post with such a broad brush,  concerning  Jersey residents being  notoriously bad drivers and rude ?   

Maybe, we've met in Jersey and didn't even know it. lol Smiley Happy

Gosh, had I known you spent time here or lived here, I would have waved to you from the porch and invited you in. Smiley Happy 

I've seen bad Jersey drivers in MD and VA.  I've never driven in Jersey.

Re: rude...the columnist who was defending the state.  HE is rude.  I'm guessing he's from Jersey.

Ahh, well that explains everything. After those experiences,  of course you would  feel comfortable and justified about  making such statements about an entire state's drivers.

Now that I think about it, I saw some bad drivers, on Rte 80 yesterday, from PA and NY.  Are you thinking what I'm thinking..........???????

I don't know.  What are you thinking?

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

They are notoriously bad drivers...but I don't hate the state.

ETA... and RUDE!

http://www.trentonian.com/opinion/20150707/jeff-edelstein-most-americans-hate-new-jersey-most-americ...

Hi esme, Smiley Happy

Just wondering how much time  you've spent in Jersey  and where,  to know and post with such a broad brush,  concerning  Jersey residents being  notoriously bad drivers and rude ?   

Maybe, we've met in Jersey and didn't even know it. lol Smiley Happy

Gosh, had I known you spent time here or lived here, I would have waved to you from the porch and invited you in. Smiley Happy 

I've seen bad Jersey drivers in MD and VA.  I've never driven in Jersey.

Re: rude...the columnist who was defending the state.  HE is rude.  I'm guessing he's from Jersey.

Ahh, well that explains everything. After those experiences,  of course you would  feel comfortable and justified about  making such statements about an entire state's drivers.

Now that I think about it, I saw some bad drivers, on Rte 80 yesterday, from PA and NY.  Are you thinking what I'm thinking..........???????

I don't know.  What are you thinking?

I really miss the old emoticons.  Oh well............

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.