Frequent Contributor

Going to a wedding.  Need some ideas for the perfect lip color for a neutral lip color for an over 55.  Thanks all.

Honored Contributor

I like Doris Dalton's Nude Lip set(lipstick and gloss) for around 25.00

I also like Brownie Pink by Bobbi Brown

Utrban Decay has some beautiful matte Neutrals-can't remember the names but there is a whole row of them in Ulta, and they were really pretty.....

I am sure you will get more ideas as well!

Esteemed Contributor

Lancome

Lip Lover in Beige Adage

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

I like Je Nais Se Quoi from IT.  I got a holiday set from them last year and it's their lightest one.  It's almost like not having a lip color at all.  Just a nice neutral hint with shine.  But if you do want some color probably not for you.  But if you want just a little something, it's a good pick.

Respected Contributor

Chanel Coco Rouge Mademoiselle.  It is one of their most popular shades.  I find if I want this shade to look more peach, I outline my lips and fill in with a more coppery lip liner.  If I want it to be more pink, I outline and fill in with a more brown pink.  

Another winner is MAC Soar Lip Pencil with Twig lipstick.  This is a great pink brown combination that does not wash you out.

Respected Contributor

Inexpensive and long lasting, Maybelline has a line called the Buffs.

http://www.maybelline.com/Products/Lip-Makeup/Lip-Color/Color-Sensational-The-Buffs.aspx

Honored Contributor

Skin tone, hair coloring, and lip pigmentation make colors look very different on different people. I recommend finding a beauty blogger who has a similar skin tone and hair color to your own and seeing what looks best on her.

Esteemed Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

Skin tone, hair coloring, and lip pigmentation make colors look very different on different people. I recommend finding a beauty blogger who has a similar skin tone and hair color to your own and seeing what looks best on her.

This is so true- while I love a neutral lip color some are so washed out looking on me, they barely enhance my lips.  My skin is medium shade, with yellow undertones. 

Honored Contributor

I have tan/olive skin tone with yellow undertones, so I have to be careful to choose a Nude lip with some pink in it or I look very washed out, actually bronzy colors look best on me........I would love to be able to wear a peachy tone lip color, but have never found one that looks good! So yes skintone plays a big part in what will look good on you.

Esteemed Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I have tan/olive skin tone with yellow undertones, so I have to be careful to choose a Nude lip with some pink in it or I look very washed out, actually bronzy colors look best on me........I would love to be able to wear a peachy tone lip color, but have never found one that looks good! So yes skintone plays a big part in what will look good on you.

@CANDLEQUEEN

That's my skin tone as well.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow