Super Contributor

Neighbor kids playing in our yard - what to do?

So...we've had new neighbors for about 6 months now. They have four kids - they all seem very very nice. About a week or so after they moved in the Mom sent the daughter over one morning to borrow an egg - she was making a cake and needed an egg. Seemed a bit odd to me since we hadn't even met yet but it broke the ice. The Mom came over a day or so later with some cake for us which was nice. They invited us to their Christmas Eve gathering but we couldn't make it - again very nice though. The kids are always out playing basketball or street hockey in their driveway which I love to see - more kids should instead of sitting in the house playing video games. Their youngest is 3 and 1/2 and my grandson is 5 so I'm hoping now that the weather's nicer maybe they can play together sometimes. I have no problem with kids coming into my yard to retrieve a ball or whatever but they've actually been playing baseball in my yard. I don't always mind but sometimes I do. And I fear when school is out in another month it's going to get worse. So - how do I not be a mean neighbor yet still maintain some privacy - and quiet - when I want it?

Let's Stay in Touch

* *You're signing up to receive QVC promotional email.
Connect with Us

The scoop on everything Q, from helpful tips to interesting tidbits, questions, answers, and more.

QVC is not responsible for the availability, content, security, policies, or practices of the above referenced third-party linked sites, nor liable for statements, claims, opinions, or representations contained therein. QVC's Privacy Statement does not apply to these third-party web sites.

© 1995–2015 QVC, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademark Notice

Desktop View Mobile View