Frequent Contributor

Need silverware for church. 200 place setting

I need a 200 place setting of flatware for our church. Doesnt have to be fancy but do want it to last. Where would you start looking for the best price for this. Tanks for our help
Respected Contributor

Re: Need silverware for church. 200 place setting

Amazon?

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

you may also want to check out costco or sams club. if you have any friends in the restaurant business you may also check out restaurant depot.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I'd go to Goodwill or other similar thrift store. They'd probably even cut a price deal for buying that many pieces. Unlikely you'd find all matching pattern, but that would make it interesting & a fun topic of discussion among the diners. Good luck!

Respected Contributor

restuarant supply.......you can do a google search and find them, here's one to get you started............................raven

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/3899/belmore-flatware-18-0.html

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Honored Contributor

my first post is missing probably because of the link, but try ebay......found a good deal on sets of 400 pieces with free expedited shipping......they do have more than one set available.

400 PIECES WINDSOR FLATWARE (80) 5 Piece Place Settings 18/0 STAINLESS

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I agree with checking a restaurant supply company. They would probably have the best prices on large lots.

Respected Contributor

It they don't have to match, I would ask your congregation. Many have more than one set sitting around the house, or don't need huge sets since kids have left the house. I know my friends and I have numerous sets of dishes and cutlery. I would donate full sets if asked.

Honored Contributor

agree with the above, TJMaxx and Marshalls and those types of stores have sets of flatware too

Super Contributor

I needed to buy some flatware to add to what the church/school had for a fundraiser. I bought it at Sam's Club

It was $7.98 for 36 pieces. Great deal! You'd need 6 packages of Forks, Knives and spoons, that would get you 216 place settings for $143.64.

That was the price for them last year when we had our son's grad party, I didn't want to use plastic and only had to buy forks.